New Orleans Flt Home 11:18 AM Debarking Fantasy

I recently sailed on the Fantasy. It was the longest debarking that I ever had. I didn't get to my car until after 11 a.m. It was a long wait getting off the ship,getting the luggage and then customs. I've sailed out of Miami,Fort Lauderdale and Tampa and it normally just takes 10 to 15 minutes. A woman that was behind me in line stated that on her last sailing on the Fantasy that it was a very short wait. Your best bet is to allow yourself time.

Debarking Fantasy; is an 11:18 AM Departure flight out of New Orleans same day returned to NO leave enough time to safely get to the Airportand board in time?

Thanks in advance.

I would suggest that an 11:18 departure from any port would be risky. Too many things can happen that cause delays.

MexicoBob

My family had a 10:15 flight. My husband was panicked the whole cruise. We were one of the first to debark and were sitting in our gate at the terminal at 8:00 am. We left immediately when they started debarkation. Our steward had told us to be ready when they called for the first group.

• 3 weeks later...

Make sure you keep your luggage with you (don't put it out the night before). That way you can leave as soon as the ship announces the "all clear". When we went in January, we got off quickly and made it through Customs in about 10 minutes. Cabs were lined up waiting - so we were at the airport in no time at all. (Then we sat at the airport for four hours waiting for our flight. Ugh. At least you won't have to do that.) :)

• 5 weeks later...

They usually start debarking around 7:00 so if you self disembark you would be okay. Also if you get a porter you get through customs so much faster. When i was on the fantasy i was the last group, number 20. We went to the lido deck and waited on our number, it was about 8:45. The longest line was to where you get a porter. Our travel agent was on the same cruise and left with us. We got a porter she did not want to have to tip. He took us into line with one person ahead of us where the other lines had 20+ people. We were in our hotel by 9:30, out TA did not make it through customs until 10:30. That was definately worth the 10 bucks. If you dont self disembark it could be pushing it. It depends if things go smoothly or not.

Archived