138 day until Mexican cruise - HELP! Need Buddies!

Hello Ladies,

Amy....welcome back! I know it must stink to be home but hope you had a wonderful time, I look forward to hearing about it. That stinks about the layover and dont sweat the 5lbs, that shows you had a good time:D

Barb, hope youre still getting better each day. When it comes to the back that must be horrible.

Gaye, how are you doing?? You keeping up on your work?

drewswife, its been awhile, glad you came back to us. You are leaving very soon, I am off on the 3rd but sail on the 5th. I am the same way, I want to pack but its too early. I too have the list but I know I will forget something. Sorry to hear of all your back troubles. It seems very common these days now.

Its nice to see a few of us still here. I did weigh this morning and happy to say 1lb more to go to my goal!!

Brenda

Yes, get that last shop before the cruise. I did'nt even notice when you were going. Are you a basket case? I still have 32 days and I'am getting there. I just get soooo excited!

If I get another shot, I will just call them and zip in there Tuesday. Right now I am still totally pain free and I don't want to have to take another one if I don't need it. Although he said he would give me another one, I believe that he might decide different unless I was in pain. If I find that I need one, I can just zip in there Tuesday and get one. Now I saw my Rheumatologist yesterday and he said "NO". He doesn't even carry it in his office. Said it was given mostly for surgey patients. But I guess that my Primary care doctor really knew at that point I had to have some relief.

As for getting excited, YES! I find the few days before the cruise are just about as much fun. I love the anticipation. We are leaving on Wed and going over to spend the night at Patrick Air Force base. It's only a few miles from the pier. Well Mr. SLeeping Beauty himself, just got up and I am going to start his coffee and toast. I'll check back later! Everyone have a wonderful day!:)

I'm still here. As of Monday morning, which I consider my official post-cruise weigh-in, I am less than 2 pounds over when I left. I'm so jazzed about that, as I had lost some insurance weight, so am right about where I want to be.

Unfortunately, I came back to a very sad situation. On the way from the airport DH filled me in on the dogs. Maggie, my golden, who turned 12 on 9/14, is not doing well. She was lethargic, having trouble getting around, and refusing kibble, though eating other food. I took her to the vet on Friday and her bloodwork was normal but it was determined that mostly she has old age arthritis pain. The meds she was given helped, a little. Yesterday, when DH took her collar off, he noticed it was tight. That's when we found two large lumps under her jaw. I had her to the vet again this morning and it's almost certain she has lymphoma (lymphatic cancer). He took a biopsy just to make sure, but sent me home with prednisone and antibiotics. We won't do chemo, especially for a dog as old as she is. The pred will help her for a while, maybe a few weeks. I'm just heartbroken to face losing my little baby girl.

Sorry to unload, but I feel as though I can dump on my friends here.

Here's my Maggie.

667198744_Maggiegorgeous.jpg.ef4439acbaa1bf48b776b7f118982297.jpg

I'm still here. As of Monday morning, which I consider my official post-cruise weigh-in, I am less than 2 pounds over when I left. I'm so jazzed about that, as I had lost some insurance weight, so am right about where I want to be.

Unfortunately, I came back to a very sad situation. On the way from the airport DH filled me in on the dogs. Maggie, my golden, who turned 12 on 9/14, is not doing well. She was lethargic, having trouble getting around, and refusing kibble, though eating other food. I took her to the vet on Friday and her bloodwork was normal but it was determined that mostly she has old age arthritis pain. The meds she was given helped, a little. Yesterday, when DH took her collar off, he noticed it was tight. That's when we found two large lumps under her jaw. I had her to the vet again this morning and it's almost certain she has lymphoma (lymphatic cancer). He took a biopsy just to make sure, but sent me home with prednisone and antibiotics. We won't do chemo, especially for a dog as old as she is. The pred will help her for a while, maybe a few weeks. I'm just heartbroken to face losing my little baby girl.

Sorry to unload, but I feel as though I can dump on my friends here.

Here's my Maggie.

Sorry to hear about your Maggie...Our pets can really tug at the heartstrings. We still miss our Tazzy (Himalyan cat) He was 12 years old, and so very sick. Haven't been able to think about bringing another pet in yet. Maybe one day.

Oh Amy, I'm sorry about Maggie. Have you had her since she was a pup? She is a beautiful girl. Thats the only bad thing about having a pet, they cant be with you forever. One of my cat's is on Pred for some stomach issues. Now he has put on so much weight from it. I wish Maggie all the best.

On a lighter note, good for you with your weight. You gave yourself enough of a cushion.

Gaye, I havent heard any updates on how youre doing???

I am getting very excited about going. I can't wait!!!!!

Amy, I'am so sorry about your little buddy. I understand.

Not gaining! I think I've been so excited lately about the cruise, I may have shivered and vibrated off a pound or two.:D I have'nt weighed for a while (because I hate it!) but we all know ourselves, and feel like I have. Plus, not eating very much. Doomsday alert! BBQ at friends house this week end. After being on this diet all spring and summer, I can tell you right now.....I'll be having everything that's offered. Tiny portions of potato salad etc., but I'm just a girl who can't say no. LOL

Wow Gaye, 30 day countdown! That last 30 before I left just flew by. Not as fast as the cruise of course.... I can't believe I've been back over a week. I'm still working on photo editing. I'm doing a separate album on Kodak for each port, to make it easier to view and so that I remember what was where.

Woohoo! Flying to Florida for a cruise, or...? Who cares huh? Going some place, and only 1 pound to lose! Life is good.

Amy, you sound so techno savvy! I still do my scrapebooks the old fashion way, cut and paste. I love it though.

Worked my hinny off yesterday ripping up carpet and moving furniture at work. No time to eat hardly anything. Surely I must have lost a pound!

WOO HOO!!!!! I did it!!!! I have reached my goal of 25lbs lost by the time I leave. I fly out of here on Sat. morning and sail on Monday!:D Amy, now I know how you felt, this is such a great feeling of accomplishment.

Gaye, keep working your hinny off!!!

Yah Brenda!! you did it!!! (jumping and clapping here) Congrats!! You are officially my inspiration for the rest of the day! Now have a blast on that cruise!

Thought I had worked my hinny off, come to find out, I worked a pound back on to it! Geez, disgusted.

Do you think so? Is that what that big old lump on one cheek is? One muscle huh? Anyone know where I can find a thong bikini for one butt cheek? LOL

Well, I have 26 days to lose the last 20 pounds. Let's see....nah, it's not gonna happen. 5 if I'am lucky, and dedicated. Just because I go on this cruise at my current weight does not mean I'am giving up! Just taking a little breather.

I think I'm giving up on the weight tracking thing. The scale never seems to budge but my clothes are all fitting better so I'm obviously losing weight. All of the shorts I plan to take on the cruise fit now and I can button up my favourite pair of jeans (though they're still too tight to wear out in public.)

I'm not going to stress out about the scale anymore. I'm working out every day and I've curbed (won't ever be able to eliminate) my snacking.

My new goal is to get rid of the stomach "pooch". Is it possible to ever have a really flat stomach?

I'm not going to stress out about the scale anymore. I'm working out every day and I've curbed (won't ever be able to eliminate) my snacking.

My new goal is to get rid of the stomach "pooch". Is it possible to ever have a really flat stomach?

First, snacking is fine, just depends on what you are snacking ON. If I just get wild cravings to eat, I eat, but keep it to what I know I'm allowed: nuts, veggies, string cheese, etc.

As for a really flat stomach..... depends on how old you are. Once you hit menopause, or get close to it, it's virtually impossible. I'm 5'9", size 8, and still have a bit of a menopot! UGH

I agree, yu can get a flat stomach, which I do not have yet! But I think if you really work at it and do the right exercises if can be done.

I really need to start packing, I guess I will tomorrow. Was at the dentist this evening and I am praying that I will not be in pain on the cruise but he did give me some 800mg of Motrin again just incase:D

I agree about the scale, I hate it. More interested in how the clothes fit.

Flat stomach? In my dreams. Menopot, perfect word. I think I have an extra one too.

Totally lost control last night. :( I had a taco made with a fried flour totilla. Todays a new day.

I'm still here too. Work is so busy and stressful that I've actually lost since I got back and am only .2 over what I was when I set sail. Sadly, it looks like my time with my golden girl is coming to a close, so that's got me not wanting to eat too. Not the best way to diet, that's for sure.

Amy, I'am so sorry. That is the only drawback to having a wonderful dog. If only they could live forever.

I getting so excited about the cruise, I think I've lost a little more just from the excitement! Went shopping yesterday. The size 8's are fitting perfect now. Still not back in 5's, but way better then where I was. And I found the best capris!

Archived