138 day until Mexican cruise - HELP! Need Buddies!

Hi hazeleyez3,

Thanks for joining/helping me.

When do you want to report in on weight loss? I was thinking every Monday.

Are you on a certain plan? I just try to watch my intake of carbs and eat lots of fruit & veg.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon.

M

O.K., I'd like to join in too. I've been trying since the beginning of May to lose 25 lbs. before Alaska. Did South Beach and lost 7 lbs. but then end of school/graduation parties for the kids hit and there went all my progress! I would be thrilled to lose 8 lbs before we leave (33 days!) because that gets me to my easy (relatively!) maintainance weight but would really like to lose more so I have some cushion! I know I won't be working out as much and definitely eating more on vacation.

My issue is eating. I work out a lot and already eat pretty healthy (no white bread, little white rice, little potatoes) but I LOVE sugar and chocolate. When I was doing the first 2 weeks of SB, I was not a very pleasant person to be around. I get grumpy when I can't have sugar. I really need to keep a food diary but I'm too lazy!

So, if you'll have me, I'll be here on Monday for the weigh-in! Good luck everybody surviving the weekend and if anybody has any tips for how to eat when kids sporting events happen during the dinner hour (you know, basketball games at 6:00, swim meets at 5:30) send them my way!

Monday sounds good.

A few months ago I was working out 4-5 days a week and ended up losing about 7 lbs in a month. March came and I had a lot of things going on with family so I didn't have a lot of time, but I only gained 1 or 2 lbs. Mid-April came and I took a 2 week cruise and diet went to hell and there wasn't a lot of exercise.

So...now I am hoping to lose at least 10 lbs in 6 weeks. I'll set another goal after that. Figure I might do better aiming for small goals rather than huge ones.

Heck yes, I'll do it. Cruising in Oct. too, and as always, dieting.

I started Nutrisystem about 6 weeks ago. So far I've lost 16 lbs., but that varies with how much water I drink. Really really been trying for the 2 quarts a day.

We had a coast trip last week and I was'nt strict, just watched it. Did Ok.

Now I have business in Vegas on the 12-15. NOT eating diet food! But I will be walking a lot, and probably sweating a lot too!:p

I started at 158, and want to get to 115 by cruise time. Bought all new cruise clothes last year because of weight, and now this year, I can't wear them either.:mad: Life story.

Today is new day! Lot's of water, lot's of moving around, and lot's of healthy food. Woohoo! Losing weight: piece of cake! (well, you know what I mean)

Welcome Willie T!

OK here we go

Start Date - Monday June 1st

June 1 - June 7 Goal Loss = 2 pounds; June 1 - June 7 Actual Loss = ____ pounds

Post your goals or any other comments and we will post results next Monday

GO TEAM GO!

I have two cruises planned in the next few months. I have been talking and thinking about it since January...I even bought an elliptical machine but I keep starting and stopping .... For instance sometimes I would eat great but then not work out...other times I would workout...but then drink a bunch of wine at night and eat junk food :confused: I didn't have accountability to anyone... I even checked out some of the other threads but I never typed on them because they seemed very established...like everyone knew each other already. I have been lying to myself and I am ready to do the work!!!!! I think a number of us have cruises within weeks of each other..so I think this is the group for me. Hi my name is Cheryl and I turn 40 in ninety three days. I will weigh myself tonight so I know what to state as my start weight....but I am about 180 :eek: I would love to lose 8 lbs a month....that would be amazing :cool: I vow to eat healthy, exercise and not drink wine (I poured my wine down the sink last night so I think this is perfect timing)

I'm really excited that we are doing this! Two pounds by next MOnday is my goal too. I know I can get the workouts in, now if I could just keep the food out of my mouth (that shouldn't be going in in such quantities!;)) I'll do fine. Good luck girls!

We have a great group here....

I have no problem with the food part - I eat 95% healthy.

I need to commit to more exercise (I do walk to & from work-25 minutes each way). I have exercise DVD's and never use them.

Hope we can keep this board hopping with motivation.

Caught my eye as well.

We just booked a cruise yesterday, and on the sight it says "160" days to go!

We cruise first week in November... So the first weigh in is next Monday, right Whew...gives me a whole week to get a starting point.

I had lost quite a bit of weight and then put some back on and I have been dreading getting on the scale, but will do it next Monday!

Welcome smoothdancer!

I have been watching my eating for the past 1-1/2 months (I prefer not to use the word DIET).

Down 8.0 pounds as of today.

I figure I need a support group to be accountable to on a weekly basis.

I always have good intentions on a cruise (eat more salad, exercise more, etc...) but the food just call to me and I always figure that i'm on vacation so why not.

But reality sucks when I get back to the scale.

Each cruise I do get better & better and don't eat everything in sight.

M

Well, it looks like we're all on this "boat" (hee hee) together.

I was walking on the treadmill last night, which we keep outside, and the sky was getting blacker and blacker. I was tired, but kicked it up a notch to outrun the storm! Got my mile in and made it back to the house just in time! Talk about incentive. I know, I know, 1 mile is not that much, but I'am kinda old and 1 mile kicks my butt. I keep saying I'll go further, but.....so far, no.

Wow, you poured you wine down the sink! That's commitment. I switched to wine mixed with diet squirt a few years ago to cut calories from beer, but still like beer! I had 2 last night.:mad::mad::mad: If I don't drink something in the evenings, I can't sleep, and I like it!!! Ok, will stop with the beer.

Here we go!!! Another new day, another pound off!

Well, it looks like we're all on this "boat" (hee hee) together.

I was walking on the treadmill last night, which we keep outside, and the sky was getting blacker and blacker. I was tired, but kicked it up a notch to outrun the storm! Got my mile in and made it back to the house just in time! Talk about incentive. I know, I know, 1 mile is not that much, but I'am kinda old and 1 mile kicks my butt. I keep saying I'll go further, but.....so far, no.

Wow, you poured you wine down the sink! That's commitment. I switched to wine mixed with diet squirt a few years ago to cut calories from beer, but still like beer! I had 2 last night.:mad::mad::mad: If I don't drink something in the evenings, I can't sleep, and I like it!!! Ok, will stop with the beer.

Here we go!!! Another new day, another pound off!

Yep poured the wine down the sink...and almost stopped for more on the way home from work last night....but I didn't thank god. Someone mentioned something about DVDs for exercise...it is funny because I went into the cabinet under my TV and pulled out about 12 nice DVDs most of which were never even opened. I did a one hour video today and dis elliptical. Now the trick is to keep it going and not go drink away my progress or eat away my progress. So we are only revealing our weights as of next monday? I don't have to tell you what it said last night? I think it was lying anyway :(

I was looking for a new group--one who didn't have a lot of long timers. We have a cruise booked for Dec 27 with my husband's extended family. I have several skinny sisters in law! I don't want to look like this when we are all together.

My goal for 6/8 is 2 lbs.

Welcome Lizzie!

I know what you mean about groups that have been going for awhile. Joining them is hard because the members already know all about each other.

This is a week by week group - ANYONE CAN JOIN and AT ANY TIME!

Cherylroslyn, NO beer for me tonight! But I did stop for wine.:( It's pathetic when I adjust my dinner calories to allow booze. But what is, is.

Stuck to what I'am supposed to eat today. Which I usually do, but I think I'am stuck. Been at this wait now for a few weeks. I try eating less, I try eating more. More excersise, everything! I know this will pass, but grrrrr! Makes me want to drown my sorrows in a bacon cheeseburger! Not really.

I have all you to keep me honest now. :)

Cherylroslyn, NO beer for me tonight! But I did stop for wine.:( It's pathetic when I adjust my dinner calories to allow booze. But what is, is.

Stuck to what I'am supposed to eat today. Which I usually do, but I think I'am stuck. Been at this wait now for a few weeks. I try eating less, I try eating more. More excersise, everything! I know this will pass, but grrrrr! Makes me want to drown my sorrows in a bacon cheeseburger! Not really.

I have all you to keep me honest now. :)

Hey Wille T keep drinking the water too.... all people who lose weight say the water is essential...and it makes sense both for filling up and for flushing out fat. Welcome lizzie. IO am happy we are all doing this because most of us have cruises over the same time period and we are all newcomer so this thread was perfect timeing four cats. So Hazel eyes, four cats, smoothdancer and cardbucfan what are your real names? Do we have start weights or are we counting monday as our start weights? I am 182. I can't believe this number.

My real name is Angie. Last night was BADDDD for me. DS had a swim meet and there's just no getting around eating the buffet when you are there from 5-8:30 p.m.! Mexican night. I love Mexican and it loves my hips! Hopefully, I made up for it this morning with 45 minute muscle endurance class and 45 minute spin class. My start weight last Monday was 149. Need to be at 142 by cruise date (6/30) preferably 135 so I have some cushion! We are doing a helicopter excursion and they WEIGH YOU ON THE DOCK!!! Keep at it girls!

My real name is Angie. Last night was BADDDD for me. DS had a swim meet and there's just no getting around eating the buffet when you are there from 5-8:30 p.m.! Mexican night. I love Mexican and it loves my hips! Hopefully, I made up for it this morning with 45 minute muscle endurance class and 45 minute spin class. My start weight last Monday was 149. Need to be at 142 by cruise date (6/30) preferably 135 so I have some cushion! We are doing a helicopter excursion and they WEIGH YOU ON THE DOCK!!! Keep at it girls!

Exactly what type of swim meets have mexican buffets at them?....am I missing something here? My daughter used to swim competitively and I would sit in an overly humid indoor pool inhaling the stench of chlorine while freezing.... your way sounds better:)

oh thats just what I need...to get weighed on the dock...maybe they could load me on a crane and drop me on a shipping scale too just for fun :):)

There are benefits to being in Florida! We sweat at outdoor pools but don't have to breathe chlorine. The swim club puts on a buffet for dinner and the theme changes. Don't ask me why it was Mexican?!?! Last time it was Spanish (which makes more sense with the Cuban influence here) and that was a little less fattening. Hard to make refried beans, enchiladas and tamales anything but fattening and I can't go that long without food. Especially if everybody is around me eating it!

Archived