138 day until Mexican cruise - HELP! Need Buddies!

Wat to go Gaye!!!! You did very good being away from home. Glad you had a good time and are home safely. We are all doing good, I definitely like the idea of having to come on here and weigh in. I was telling a friend that I was doing this and she said what's from stopping anyone from not telling the truth. I said well, they are only doing it to themselves. I honeslty didn't see the reason why somebody would lie.

Anyway, Marcia it's my turn now(monthly thing) :( but I am going to weigh in on Monday, I think. I did my walking today but I am not in the mood to exercise, so I am taking the night off. Back on it tomorrow though.

brenda

That's kind of funny about your friend wondering if everyone lies about their progress :) It never crossed my mind to do that. It kind of kills the whole point of getting support if you aren't telling the truth!

Good luck over the weekend everyone!

Betsy

Betsy, I agree. Don't see the point in joining something like this if you're not truely into it. She (my friend) isn't the brightest bulb in the bunch! LOL So, I have a girls night out tomorrow night, this should be interesting! I haven't had any alcohol since Memorial Day and haven't ate out in who knows how long. Saturday we have a BBQ to go to, I will eat before I go so I don't fill myself up with a bunch of crap. Sunday is father's day and my dad loves to go out for breakfast. I have a lot of work ahead of me for this weekend! Wish you all success!!!!

Brenda

I know I'm late to the party but can I join in? We are going on our first cruise on November 15th (and then to a beach wedding in Cuba in January) and I want to lose at least 40 pounds by then. I started tracking my weight on June 1st and I am down 6 pounds so far. This week hasn't been good though as my DH has been busy each night and I tend to eat junk food for dinner when he isn't there.

I'm finding that fitday.com (can I mention a website here?) really helps me keep track of the number of calories I'm eating. I always think I'm eating well but even with healthy food the calories can add up quickly.

During Jan-Feb-March I was running/walking on a treadmill every night but eating whatever I wanted to and didn't see any results at all, so I had to go back to tracking my food intake. I have a serious weakness for chips and salty snacks in general.

Anyway, hopefully reading about how everyone else is making this work will encourage me to step away from the chip bag (and maybe get back on the treadmill.)

Barb,

Welcome! It really helps to have someone you are checking in with. I am doing fine with tracking my fat intake but it is hard to keep track of the calories, too. Sadly, I really need to watch both.

So this will be your first cruise--how exciting! What cruise are you taking?

Welcome and good luck!

Betsy

Hi! We are sailing on the Westerdam to the Southern Caribbean - HMC, Aruba, and Curacao. Never had an interest in cruising before, but my aunt & uncle invited a group of family members to celebrate their 35th anniversary. And they are paying so that's even better!

Hi Barb. There is nothing like that first cruise. Hope you love it like me. Every single one is special, but the first....awesome.

I have GOT to get back on that treadmill. Been blaming the weather, old knees, friends stopping by, El Ninyo, whatever I can. Still doing OK with the food, but no excersise. Stuck again.

Tomorrow we're doing a BBQ. My fave. I don't know what he'll cook yet, but hopefully friends don't bring too tempting side dishes.:o Maybe I'll just go with portion control for the day.

Have a fun and healthy week-end. No chips, ice cream or cheeseburgers for us girls! We're going for the better bod!

Hi Barb,

Welcome and it's never to late to join!!! I am the same way when it comes to chips. I am not a big sweet's eater but I am addicted to chips & salsa! As I have said before i know the salsa is ok but the chips are not. You will either love or hate cruising but I think since it's your first and it's free you are off to a great start at the loving it!

Well, I had my girls night out on Friday and well, I ate some bad things and was drinking beer (light) but drank a lot of water so hopefully that helped. We didn't go to our BBQ yesterday so that helped me a lot.

Gaye, get back on that treadmill of yours! No more excuses, you have been doing great lately.

Good luck everyone for tomorrow!!! ;)

Brenda

Well that's depressing. Yesterday I was down a pound but today it's back. Don't know what happened.

We went to see We Will Rock You yesterday afternoon and then out to dinner afterwards. I ate just until I felt satisfied (about half the dish - lobster ravioli) and figured I would take the rest home and have it for lunch today. So proud of myself for stopping before I was too full. But when the waitress came to clear the table she just took the plates and left. No doggy bag for me I guess. It was really good too. And then we did a couple of hours of gardening when we got home. So why didn't I lose weight?(!!)

Hope y'all had better results.

Well, I am still weighing in eventhough it was my time of the month and was out Friday night.

My goal for June 21st - 2lbs. actual loss - 1/2 lbs

My goal for 22-28 - 2lbs.

I wish everyone else a good weigh in. I need to get back into this seriously. Total loss since June 1st is 5.4lbs. Not sure if that is good for 3 weeks or not but it could have went the other way. Have a great Monday to you all!!!

Brenda

Well, I can't seem to get the scale to budge either. It is a little discouraging because I know I am eating much healthier and much less fat than I was before but still am not losing. I guess I really need to add in that dreaded exercise--ugh! Not real fun here right now as we are in the upper 90's with 70+% humidity! I guess I'd better not wait for it to cool down here though.

So my total since the first of June is 4 lbs, all of which was lost the first two weeks.

Betsy

I have a photo of me that I think I look absolutely disgusting in from last Sept. when I was at my heaviest 161lbs.:eek: Well, I taped the photo to the mirror in my bathroom so it's the first and last thing I see everyday!

I haven't read everything yet, nor have I introduced myself but I had to respond to this.

Eeek!

Please don't do that. Instead, tape a photo of yourself when you felt really great. Negative reinforcement isn't good! It can actually create more problems!

Please. Keep it in a drawer for before & after bragging, but strive towards a positive goal with positive reinforcement...not away from a negative goal!

I just would like to be fit and healthy. I sometimes hear women say "oh my god I'm so fat...I'm disgusting...I'm a cow" that type of thing and by the looks of it they are 30 or 40 pounds less than I weigh. I wonder if they know how much that hurts to hear.

They don't. My slender sister does this all the time, and not just in front of me. I've talked to her about it and she doesn't believe she is insulting those who are heavier than she is!

Some people just don't "get" it...like the time she was with me to help me choose a wedding dress (she was my MOH...I was self-conscious, fat and 40 but it was my first wedding). She tried on a bunch herself...all of which looked phenomenal on her slender, curvy body...

I'm Kathleen. I'm on another support thread, but I really need support! I hope you don't mind if I join in.

I'm on Atkins, so the scale does funky things. I won't be able to come up with weekly goals...basically I just want progress and to stick with the program.

I lost 30#, then regained 10# on my cruise and the weeks following! So last week I weighed 185# and this morning the scale read 177. Do I believe it? Dunno...I can weigh myself three times in a row and get three different weights on my scales. :D

But because I'm on Atkins, I know I'm losing weight because my sticks show it. That works for me!

I'm planning another cruise September 12 for my anniversary. I'd love to be 160 by then...although I'm also concerned that I won't have anything left to wear!

Evening everyone. Hi Kathleen. If you need support, you came to the right place. I just got a stern order to get back on the treadmill! LOL By the way, thanks, I needed that. And when I'am through on the computer, that's where I'am headed. Just waiting for the ipod to recharge.

Yesterday's BBQ was good. Kinda cold to start, but warmed up. And of course, the side dishes were to die for. I took about a serving spoon size of everything, and it's way more then I should have, it's waaaay less then I normally would.

Don't get discourged girls. You are losing! It's just not as fast as we want! One day working out and eating right, and I expect to results in the mirror! The next day! Not real, not going to happen, I know, but we all want it. We doing it, just at Mother Natures pace. Keep sweatin", stay strong. We will all get there. (Now where's that magic mirrow?)

Hi Kathleen,

You know I never thought about finding a photo that I liked. I guess it's so much easier to find one that i didnt. This is a good, positive group that has helped me.

Betsy, I know how you feel, we have gone from winter to spring to fall and straight into 90's. Our weather has been so screwed up lately. I did my walking on my lunch at it was very warm but I decided not to go this evening and just worked out at home. Eating better is a great thing but exercising is a big part of it. But please make sure in this weather to drink a lot of water and stay hydrated!

Gaye, I knew you were just waiting for somebody to tell you to get your butt back to it! LOL Thats why we're here!!!

Hopefully we will hear from the other ladies and they also have good news!

Brenda

Hello all,

OH MAN! Father-in-law was visiting and that means eating out & desserts everywhere.

Scale stayed the same - so I count myself lucky. He doesn't care to walk much so we just sit around and visit and play games (and eat).

Goal this week - pretty much any kind of loss.

have a good one.

By the way, one reason why I was drawn to this thread is because it was started by 4cats1house...we also have four cats. They have the best diet of all, and I think we spend more money making their food than we do on our own! I'm just a big sucker for cats...

...although I'm also concerned that I won't have anything left to wear!

I'm the opposite. I realized that if I lost some weight I wouldn't have to buy a single thing for the cruise. My closet is full of beautiful summer clothes that are too small.

Well, scale didn't budge. At least it didn't go up! Welcome all you new gals. I leave in 1 week!!! So much to do don't know how it will happen! Keep working it girls-we'll get there and at least be healthier.

Angie

They don't. My slender sister does this all the time, and not just in front of me. I've talked to her about it and she doesn't believe she is insulting those who are heavier than she is!

Some people just don't "get" it...like the time she was with me to help me choose a wedding dress (she was my MOH...I was self-conscious, fat and 40 but it was my first wedding). She tried on a bunch herself...all of which looked phenomenal on her slender, curvy body...

Time to switch families!!!!!!!

Marcia, well with all that going on and you didnt gain, then thats a very good thing! I agree with your goal, any loss would be a good thing.

Angie, again its great that you didn't gain anything. One week left, huh? You'll have to come back and let us know how your trip was.

Gaye, I knew you would do it!!!

Kathleen, I am a cat lover myself, I have 2 here and I must say they're food is quit costly (perscription only).

Barb, I am with you, at the end of the summer season, I purposely bought clothes that didn't fit me so I don't think that I have to buy much for this cruise, maybe a bathing suit.

We had another hot day today 93 so I walked at lunch and skipped the evening walking again, but did some exercising inside in the air conditioning. We have one more hot day tomorrow and then a cool down to mid 80's!

Have a good week!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!:D

Barb,

I'm in the same situation as you--if I lose the weight by the time of the cruise, I have some really cute cruise clothes! I do already have a few "new" old clothes this summer but I think I have about 3 different sets of clothes in varying sizes.

Kathleen, welcome! We have a 6 month old kitten we got a few months ago. We are having a lot of fun with her. She is very social. We've also got a 10 year old beagle.

No relief in sight for the weather--high 90's all this week with 70% humidity. The heat index is 110+. Guess I'll just have to hit the pool again tomorrow!

I did go to a baby shower and stuck with a hand-full of pretzels, fruit and only 1 Costco Cream Puff. I may have drooled a bit over the brownie bites and the mini-cheesecake bites but I didn't eat any!

Have a great day, ladies!

Archived