138 day until Mexican cruise - HELP! Need Buddies!

The Med.! OMG, I thought I was a big shot going to the Carib. LOL I watch travel shows on TV and that's someplace I would really like to go. On a ship of course!

So we're down to a month. I've been trying on, switching things, doing a little shopping. Today the hunt for his dressier clothes, oh yeah, and shoes. Why is it I have so much trouble finding things when our house is so small? LOL

We have both gained a little this year, but most things still work. And like I said, thank goodness for sundresses and maxi dresses. Other then that, it's light cotton capris and tank tops. I know it's going to be hot and steamy compared to Ore.

When we were talking about taking a cruise, i was thinking the Caribbean, but we are going with my brother in law and wife and they got us thinking BIG!!! Besides, my husband is retired CG and he has already been down in the Caribbean by "ship" and it's like pulling teeth to get him to take me there!!! So a med cruise it is...I'm not going to argue LOL!

I would'nt argue either! Just point me to a ship and I'am there! If it's going someplace warm that is.

So I see your also on weight watchers. That's like the only thing I've never done. But honestly, I do know how to eat to lose, and I know myself very well. The problem is I like food, and I hate to excersize. (and I'am a bad speller) Been a yo yo'er my whole life, and I doubt at my age (let's just say "well seasoned") I'am going to change. Up one year and down the next. Probably a differance of about 10-15 pounds. But still obsessed with weight. Go figure. I know I'am not going to "work out" or anything like that. I'am the one who wants the magic pill you take at night and wake up the perfect size! Then celebrate with cheeseburgers, which of course never shows up on the butt or thigh's!

You are the smart. Weight Watchers and lots of moving around WILL do it!

Wow! we have a couple of new people. Sorry it's been me, Amy, & Gaye for so long! Welcome :). Some people don't think its a good idea but I think a cruise/vacation is a great excuse to get your butt in gear.

I weighed in this a.m. and down .08lb but I'll take it. 1.2lbs to go on my goal :D. I was hoping to hit my goal on July 1st but I'm not far off. I wish you all much success and look forward to hearing about all your success.

Gaye....when you find out where those magic chesseburgers are sold let me know! How are you feeling, back to 100% yet? Hows the sop going?

Brenda

Good Morning new people! Good Morning Brenda! My shoulder is not 100%, dang it. But 400% better then it was. Taking some herbal pill called Cat's Claw for joint. Older ladies told me how good it is. I figured since the were older (80's) they ought to know about creaky joints. LOL But able to work and play good.

The new shop is doing OK. We still have a long ways to go to get established in the "hood, but our clients stuck with us, and we do get quite a few walk ins. The thing is, we're surrounded by other beauty shops in a town so small, we have no street lights.

But a lot of rural homes, there's plenty of hair to go around. LOL

Met some family last night at one of those buffet resturants. Uh oh.

Georgie, you've lost 80 pounds so far? THAT IS AMAZING!

Brenda and Amy, I think these new girls are going to kick our butts! I love it! I for one needed a little motivation.

Hello everyone! How fun that we have new people. I'm back and finally feel human again. Between the almost inevitable cruise cold and jet lag (10 hour time diff) I was useless. Fortunately I took off yesterday and today from work.

I gathered up the courage to get on the scale this morning and was pleasantly surprised that I am only up 3.5 after a 12 day eatathon! Ooooo, the food. Not to mention three, count 'em, three cream teas ashore. (British Isles cruise)

Now, to the future. I am planning to attend my 40th (eeek, how did that happen) high school reunion in two months. I want to lose 12-15 pounds by then..... and so it begins again. Dress is "cocktail" so I have clothes to wear. If I get to my goal, a magnificent black pants outfit, with gauzy overlays and rhinestone accents. Hard to describe and harder to photograph! If I don't quite get there, black flowy stretch paints, with a black and glittery top.

Hello Everyone,

Gaye...you're cruise is right around the corner. I have 9 Fridays to go! It sounds faster counting by Fridays then days. I'm doing good on the weight thing. The last 1.5lbs is pretty tuff to get off but I will do it. :D

Amy, thats the only bad thing about going on a cruise....you have to come back :(. This will be our last cruise for awhile, unless those leprechauns drop a pot of gold on my head or something. We usually try to go every year but next summer we're having a little family reunion in Ireland so thats going to cost a bit. Te last time we were all together was in 1988 so we're way over due.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone, I'm off to go work in the yard and then clean the house...whatever happened to realxing on Sundays?

Brenda

Cruising is great, but Ireland! OMG! That's awesome. Here's wishing you catch that pesky little imp and get the pot of gold.

You only have to lose 1.5 lbs? In 9 weeks? Dang, I need to lose that much off of each thigh. I have 17 days, so the week ends are not restful now. LOL But its fun getting ready.

Today is weighin day....proud to say mygoal is insight :D. My goal was to lose 18lbs and I'm at 17.8....pesky .2lbs just couldnt come off. But I am very pleased and feel very good about myself. Gaye & Amy, when I reached my goal last year I was ecstatic but this is even better. Keep on doing doing it, even if te progress is very slow atleast there is progress:).

Gaye, Ireland will be great. I used to spend every summer & Christmas there from age 14-20 but then I bought a car and had to get a job to pay for it. We saw quite a few of my cousins when they came here in the spring and thats when we all decided to go there and be in the house (grandparents) we all grew up in. So, far there is 22 of us going...my poor mom & aunt usually have breakfast in shifts for us! I am getting very excited about our cruise, did somebody from your cruise set up a group on here? We have one going and I think we're almost at 90 people do all meet up when we sailaway out of FL. definitely looking forward to meeting everyone.

Brenda

We had a family reunion this year, and it was awesome! Your's sounds fantastic. All my cousins were there, except one who passed years ago. How long will you get to stay? Ours was one day, and I cried when it was time to go. I know yours will be longer!

Stupid weight, I don't want to talk about it now. LOL

Not talking about weight here either. :(

Sad day for us. We had to put our almost 13-year-old lab down yesterday. She was fine, happy, played and ate. But while we were at work yesterday she had a stroke. We, and the vet, decided it would be best to let her go and not put her through anymore. Cooper was quite down when I left for work this morning. They just never live long enough.

Oh Amy...I'm so sorry. The poor thing, and poor Cooper. They definetly dont live long enough. The only bad thing about getting a pet, you know they won't be with you forever.:( It's just so devastating. But your little girl has crossed over the rainbow bridge and isn't sick anymore and you'll see her again.

I won't bring up the weight topic then today.

Gaye, we will go for a min of 10 days but thats not quite long enough. I have gone for a long weekend (family wedding) and have been there for 6 weeks before so I would think 10-14 days.

• 2 months later...

Hey you two. Glad to see you still around! All is going well here, weight is stable, but a bit higher than I'd like. The big news is that as of three weeks ago, Cooper has a little sister. She's a 7 month old golden who we named Kate. She's smart, funny, playful and as a great golden personality. Cooper adores her and vice versa. They play play play constantly and the light is back in my boy's eyes. Here is a picture.

1264650124_CooperKateSecret.jpg.3ee4a1c74433743c95eb88166652bd0f.jpg

Hi Amy! Since this is a weight forum I'll tackle that first. Well...uh....ya see....

Ok, now on to better things. Our cruise was great, and I want to move to New Orleans, loved it.

Kate is sooo cute! And big brother looks charmed. 2 young goldens, wow, you have your hands full. You could power the world with all that energy!

I love your avatar picture! I want to change mine someday, but my DD always did it for me. And my whole cruise history is totally out of date.

Halloween party at the bar tonight. I have to get on the decorating and food. Glad your doing so well with the weight. I'am not going into winter where I need to be at all! Oh well...

I play Pogo games a lot, and my avatar is my Pogo Mini. I found the ship background before my last cruise, and since I cruise on Holland America the dark hull was perfect.

Yes, you could light up a city with Kate's energy, but she's actually pretty mellow for a golden pup. Cooper turned 2 in September and has suddenly "grown up". But, he loves to play and chase so all is happy here.

It sounds like your having fun with the "kids". Are you doing any early agility with Kate yet? I guess obediance comes first.

Giving serious thought to going to WW. I have a few friends going and doing well. The thing is, I know how and how much to eat, it's the doing it where I fail. It costs $14 a week, hmmm, still thinking it over.

Cooper is in agility right now, just above beginners. Kate is in a basic obedience class. I will probably try her in beginners after this is done. I'm also thinking about Rally O for her, which is a "moving obedience" competition and a lot more fun that basic obedience. Fortunately, up here in the sticks, we have some great instructors for anything we might want to try.

I 'am really missing dog training. And having a dog in general. There used to be so many more dog events around here some years ago. Now the club I used to belong to is totally gone. I remember there used to be matches all the time put on by the various training clubs. There is still some interest, mainly agility, but not at all like it was.

I see people people with little dogs in strollers, dressed up in clothes, or dragging owners all over the place. Even my daughter, who used to have dogs in 4H, and show in Junior Showmanship, has 2 rotten spoiled little beasts. Maybe I should quit complaining and get something going.

Archived