Glory Gang: Follow-up to Freddy and Floatie's Reviews

Lilmatcat

A few memories from our day at St. Thomas:

We started the morning with mimosas on Panorama (well, at least those whom got out of bed. Some felt that sleep was a treasured commodity, and the way this group keeps going and going and going like the Energizer Bunny, it's a valid point. I slept away almost a whole sea day just trying to get recharged!)

That reminds me of something else... I thought the extra fatigue was maybe from the seasickness patch that I was wearing. A friend in our group mentioned he takes a couple ginger pills twice a day while on board. I tried it last week on the Freedom and it worked perfectly!! Just a little hint for others whose sea legs are a bit wobbly. )

thDSC017661.jpg?t=1243355534

We took the tram up to the top where we felt like we truly were in paradise. Breathtaking views! Here's Bonnie, Eva, and Steve on the tram.)

thDSC017681.jpg?t=1243355757

We arrived safely (thank the Lord!) and before long it was clear that this trio is trouble with a capital T!

thDSC017771.jpg?t=1243355829

We quickly made our way to the bushwackers (yummy, but don't drink too many or they'll knock you out!).

thDSC017851.jpg?t=1243355916

And we found out that Bad Doggie picked a baaaaaad day to stay on the ship. We could have bought him Floozies for only $10!! (Look toward the bottom of the menu.) Oh well, his loss!

DSC01783.jpg?t=1243356134

I did enjoy a Floozie Koozie which was a gift from Bonnie. I'm still using it at home and soaking up the memories. I was "fit to be tied" when I looked at my photos because I thought I took a picture of the penguin and grand piano that I gave to Floatie. It was a celebratory salute to our cruise with Damian. Oh well, I will have to remember it in this worn out pea brain of mine.

Later we met up with some others in our group at the Shipwreck and had a great time with Damian. We should have all ordered takeaway!

IMG_2585.jpg?t=1243356408

Running out of time since I have to get to work, so here are a few more random memories (without pics) for the Glory Gang:

The Waikiki on Orient was breathtaking. Thank you, Damian, for sharing such an exquisite beach location with us. I was astonished at how few people were there. The service was great. The beach chairs awesome. The bloody mary's (yummo!). All the ladies got a little bling bling from one of the people selling jewelry on the beach (don't worry, you don't get swarmed like Nassau or Jamaica). I remember falling in the water, but saving my camera when I was hit by a rogue wave!! (I tell ya, it's dangerous hanging around with that Floatie! haha). I also remember Damian saying "I haven't smiled like that or had that much fun since I was a little kid." Not only did he perform on the beach, but we also got to see and hear Floatie's rendition of "Hey... Heeeeeey Baaaby!".

Lunch and the company at the Greenhouse was spectacular! I remember laughing so hard I needed my inhaler (which was on the ship :rolleyes:). Don't remember what all we laughed about, but it was hysterical. Oh, and I ate a mussel (must have been the pre-lunch bloody mary's that gave me the courage to do that.)

Someone spotted the Guavaberry Shop on the way back so we managed to make a quick stop there. I smile everytime I think of Bonnie/Floatie and Damian with the ipod music on St. Maarten.

Let's see... the Happy HourS sign was perfect. I remember Damian hugging Jeffie's new inflatable Scooby because he missed his dog. Awwwww....

Does anyone know anything about wine being spilled in an elevator?

And were we REALLY the last ones on the ship in St. Maarten! Talk about impeccable timing!! (It helped that we finished our day at a little bar on the dock so we were only a stone's throw away and Damian was counting off the minutes 'til we had to be on board. Being the nervous nelly that I am, I downed my beverage rather quickly and was the "first of the last" on board.)

Was there a "cougar" in our grope? I dunno, but she sure is a sweet southern lady! Luvb ya Mama Linda!!

Congrats to Steve - third in the poker tourney - and Bonnie for hitting some serious coins on the slot machine.

Is Father Jeffie still passing out blessings?

Do you remember getting muddled into a puddle in Cocoa Beach?

What about Larry the Cable Guy? "Get your Dmian CD's now. This is a limited time offer. Free shipping."

I can't believe someone got married in the Supper Club. JM & J!!!! It must've been a sum beyotch of a time! Why Freddy even got decked out in a tux for the finger-waggin' occasion.

I must say, the new accessories to Jeffie's hats were well appreciated by fellow guests on the ship.

Sweet Miller Lite... bump bump bah... Good times never felt so good!

Damian do you know how to play #$%!?

So these were the tales of the Glory Gang,

we're here for a long, long time,

til we set sail on the Legend

in October of '09.

Come join us there all y'all new friends

we're sure to have some fun

We'll sail into the sunset

C'mon now... GIT R DUN!!

DSC01880-11.jpg?t=1243358322

The next picture, taken from my balcony, is a tribute to my roomie, Simpleman, who had to miss the trip when his mom was unexpectedly admitted to the hospital the week we were ready to sail. I hope they get to treasure many more sunrises and sunsets, and the beauty of all that life has to offer. Cheers, my friend!

DSC01879-11.jpg?t=1243358405

As for anything else that took place during our week, it falls into one of three categories:

1) What happens on the ship, stays on the ship.

2) If someone doesn't remember it, it didn't happen (like someone momentarily losing their pants, or the fact that the bra and panties didn't match. :eek:)

3) No matter what, no matter how much I am tortured, even if you hit my hangnail with a wet noodle... WILD HORSES couldn't drag it out of me!!

DSCF11421.jpg?t=1243358666

I love it!!!I dont know a thing about no stinky wine in the elevator:p.

Your pics are great!And I love the way you did the review.Now, the Legend beware,the whole sinnas are showing up and it will also be epic.

Smoof,Damian and Steve make an awesome looking crewe for our next adventure!Remember Hawk Woman?Ack!!

Vicki.....Great job.....

All I can say is over the years I have cruised I have met many people from many places and different walks of life......It is great.....

Floatie and I (we were married but are no longer...long and funny story) decided to take a cruise on the Holiday and then learned Damian was playing on the Glory. We booked it that day. Changed all the plans. It was very short notice. About three weeks. The next thing we knew is we had six other people we met signed up to go. Smoof and Mama Linda did it 4 or 5 days before the cruise. Then two days before the cruise we learned that the itin had been changed because of the pig (BS) flu.....We all took it in stride and had a great time.

What I guess I am trying to say is, when you meet people cruising have a great time. Stay in touch. People who cruise love to cruise. If something comes up last minute for a cruise.....You might have as much fun as we did and get to meet more new friends along the way.

Life is short and you get one chance to enjoy it........;)

Vicki.....Great job.....

All I can say is over the years I have cruised I have met many people from many places and different walks of life......It is great.....

Floatie and I (we were married but are no longer...long and funny story) decided to take a cruise on the Holiday and then learned Damian was playing on the Glory. We booked it that day. Changed all the plans. It was very short notice. About three weeks. The next thing we knew is we had six other people we met signed up to go. Smoof and Mama Linda did it 4 or 5 days before the cruise. Then two days before the cruise we learned that the itin had been changed because of the pig (BS) flu.....We all took it in stride and had a great time.

What I guess I am trying to say is, when you meet people cruising have a great time. Stay in touch. People who cruise love to cruise. If something comes up last minute for a cruise.....You might have as much fun as we did and get to meet more new friends along the way.

Life is short and you get one chance to enjoy it........;)

Jeff, you are so right. Thanks to both you and Floatie for making the rest of us feel so welcome to join the group. It was an amazing week that I doubt any of us will ever forget. (I should have clarified that marriage thing so that everyone knows you are still a free man. ;) You are right -- it was a long and funny story and we'll leave it at that.)

I feel so blessed to have made these new friendships while cruising. I think the picture that Freddy or Floatie posted (the large one on Lido Deck which showed how much our Glory Gang grew during the week) is a testament to the beauty of what life has to offer.

If we would all take a minute to breathe in the good things that surround us, to forge ahead and enjoy the moments we have regardless of bumps we may hit along the way, life would be so much better! CHEERS!

I enjoyed the picture and everything that you all did on the ship. Why I'm not on with you all.

Well, I think some members of the group are on the Dreamin' with the Crazies 2010 sailing with you, but you can join all of us on the Legend -- Oct. 18, 2009. Everyone is welcome!! Check out the Saints and Sinners thread! You can still book with us. We're going to have a fabulous time on a Party Bus in Cozumel, we will light up the piano bar at night, we'll laugh on Lido in the afternoon, and much more!

Some members of the group like to do private excursions; others do organized excursions at port; some don't do excursions. Some like to drink; others don't -- it's all good!!

Well, I think some members of the group are on the Dreamin' with the Crazies 2010 sailing with you, but you can join all of us on the Legend -- Oct. 18, 2009. Everyone is welcome!! Check out the Saints and Sinners thread! You can still book with us. We're going to have a fabulous time on a Party Bus in Cozumel, we will light up the piano bar at night, we'll laugh on Lido in the afternoon, and much more!

Some members of the group like to do private excursions; others do organized excursions at port; some don't do excursions. Some like to drink; others don't -- it's all good!!

Also we will be on the Victory April 18, 2010. It is here on the boards as a group cruise. Southern Caribbean out of San Juan....

WOOOHOOO Vick!! I could not wait to hear what you had to add and you did not disappoint!!! You exceeded my expectations!!!!:p

I luvb ya girlie, and now let's hear about the family cruise on the Freedom!!!

I can't wait till October!!!:D

And Willy, we'll be on the Dream, some of us!! And you can sail sooner like Jeffie and Vickie said!!:p;)

WOOOHOOO Vick!! I could not wait to hear what you had to add and you did not disappoint!!! You exceeded my expectations!!!!:p

I luvb ya girlie, and now let's hear about the family cruise on the Freedom!!!

I can't wait till October!!!:D

And Willy, we'll be on the Dream, some of us!! And you can sail sooner like Jeffie and Vickie said!!:p;)

Hey Floatie... glad you made it to your overnight pitstop! Was thinking of you all day long, girl!!

One of the family members is doing a group CD with everyone's pics, so I'll wait on that. Then I'll see if I have anything creative to say. ;)

And guess what... if PCB works out I might even manage to drag my hubby along so he can meet the Gang! :D Depends on his summer work schedule.

Hey Floatie... glad you made it to your overnight pitstop! Was thinking of you all day long, girl!!

One of the family members is doing a group CD with everyone's pics, so I'll wait on that. Then I'll see if I have anything creative to say. ;)

And guess what... if PCB works out I might even manage to drag my hubby along so he can meet the Gang! :D Depends on his summer work schedule.

IF??? No....WHEN....:p

WOOOOHOOOOO I get to hug Rick.....I get to hug Rick....:D

Thank God for a happy thing to read when I got here Vick!!! LOVE IT!!! Life is tooooooo short for unhappy stuff....I know this...:)

Great review Vickie!!!

I guess some people can't grasp that a group of like minded individuals can have a great time................well guess what, IT WAS LEGENDARY!!!!!;);)

LEGANDARY....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vickie.... the Glory Gang posts were a hoot! I've never seen the "curly side" of Damo. hahaha.... I really wish I could have gone on the May 2 cruise. I tired to surprise him, but just couldn't swing it. Sumbeach.

Vickie.... the Glory Gang posts were a hoot! I've never seen the "curly side" of Damo. hahaha.... I really wish I could have gone on the May 2 cruise. I tired to surprise him, but just couldn't swing it. Sumbeach.

You would have fit in perfectly Robyn!! Maybe someday we'll get to schedule a "re-do" of our fun week and you can join us then!

Hey Vick! And hello Robyn. Yes it was great, and wish you could have been there.I had never seen the curly side either, but he wore it that way the last night he played and the rest of the cruise.Looks like mine in the morning.Cheers!

Archived