The Lido on Spirit

I have just read a scathing review on another site about the Spirit repositioning cruise this spring. As a soon to be Spirit cruiser the comment about the Lido restaurant worries me. Apparently there was little choice except burgers and hot dogs!. I have cruised on Celebration and been very pleased with the choice of food in the Lido.

Any recent Spirit cruisers out there with any comments about the Lido food?

Dave

ps another Spirit review for a later cruise said the food in the Lido was good!

Hi davetheroad:)

If I remember rightly, only having been on the Spirit once back in 2005, there is a buffet style restaurant indoors on the pool deck and a smaller one on the outside. The one on the outside is more limited to hot dogs, pasta etc so maybe that's the one you read about. I'm sure the indoor one has a lot more variety.

Anyway, I'm sure someone who has been on recently will clarify.

Janet:rolleyes:

I discovered the outdoor food bar also does excellent salads and a deli selection at lunchtime.

If you are a salad fan you are in paradise!

1. load up on a variety of starters from the main line

2. Add more interesting stuff from the salad bars

3. go outside and add palma ham and continental meats from the deli bar

3. Heck, add some cheese as well.

4. find room on the plate for the green leaves!

I have just read a scathing review on another site about the Spirit repositioning cruise this spring. As a soon to be Spirit cruiser the comment about the Lido restaurant worries me. Apparently there was little choice except burgers and hot dogs!. I have cruised on Celebration and been very pleased with the choice of food in the Lido.

Dave

The last time I was on the Spirit was last year, and it provided the same good choice as the Celebration. In fact if I remember right, they also had a on deck BBQ one day which they never did on the Celebration during my recent cruise.

Also because you help yourself rather than someone else serve you like on the celebration Lido, it means you can have all sorts of weird combinations that you would feel guilty about asking for if you were getting served by somebody :)

went on the spirit last august and eat every meal in the lido and the food was fab. have only just lost the weight that i put on last year. food was hot and plentiful and the staff were great so enjoy and take your clothes in two sizes. haha

Dave

Sailed on Spirit several times and I too read that review- was very surprised. Can only say that there has always been an excellent selection of food on Lido both inside and out, not just burgers etc so I have found this review very surprising. We will have to wait for someone who has been on Spirit recently and see what they say. I just cant imagine it though, the Lido is used by hundreds of cruisers so if food wasnt up to scratch they might well have been a rebellion!

Archived