? re Carnival cruise ins.

jnc411

Hi all, have a question , probably silly. If I purchases an early saver booking that has a non refundable deposite , and also purchase the Carnival insurance then would the insurance cover the non refundable if we have to cancel due to illness ?? I know it is probably a silly question , like "what part of non refundable don't you understand " or does the insurance only cover accidents and illness etc. on board the ship. Have cruise alot but always purchased insurance from outside source. Please don't flame me. :)

Cori

Iv read that you need to go to insuremytrip or some such and purchase the more expensive cancel for any reason. Many reasons would not be covered under regular insurance thru Carnival. Of course it depends on why you are cancelling.

for instance I was engaged, but not married to the guy I was travelling with and his father died. He was covered but I was not because I was not related to his father.

As long as you cancel for the reasons covered in the Policy, the Trip Insurance will cover the non-refundable deposit if you cancel. I would carefully read the Policy and make sure you understand specifically what's covered and who's covered.

As stated, there are several Policies that offer "Cancel-for-Any-Reason" coverages, but generally that costs an extra 50% of premium, generally you can only cancel up to several days before sailing, the actual coverage may only be 75% (or less) depending how far out you cancel.

Be aware that the so-called third Party Trip Insurance Policies have much better coverage than Carnival's and are less expensive than Carnival's, particularly if you're younger.

Post any ????. ken

i believe that it would all be covered as long as you fell into the provisions of the insurance. I just read through the terms and it doesn't exclude any amount for early saver. So if you were to get sick and be hospitalized after purchasing insurance and before sailing, then you would get a full refund. But check with Carnival to confirm...

Archived