Late and weird call from carnival

Just received a recorded call from CCL on my cell phone. Message stated our cruise this Saturday (5/30) would not stop in Cozumel, but Roatan.

Don't know whether to laugh:D or cry.:( Now we all know about the little piggy flu, and all Mexico cancelled until mid-June. We all received Emails about changes, ability to cancel and/or rebook, right?:confused: DW and I love CCL, but wonder what's up with such a late call. Can you imagine not having Email? Seriously folks, are there people who would be surprised with a call like this?

Our Liberty roll call is very active, and 3-4 on line right now state they all received the call. So, what is going on?

This change has been on their website for a few weeks.

I know, plus we all received the Email at the time.

we got that call a few days before cruising as well (saying cozumel was now key west). my travel agent had called about a week before the cruise, maybe a little more, but I knew the day carnival announced it from cruise critic :D

CYA. They now have an out-going call log that they can point to and say "See, we tried to contact you. We made our best efforts ..."

I agree with everyone. I mainly posted to see if anyone sailing this week-end on another ship received a similar call.

I too got this phone call the Friday before my cruise left. I did sort of laugh that Carnival would call so close to the sailing but since I already knew about the itinerary change because of CC, it didn't really bother me. :rolleyes:

I was just about to start a thread about the same thing.

I sail on Destiny in 2 days and Carnival called me at 1:30 today to tell me we would be going to Nassau instead of Cozumel.

THANKS FOR THAT TIMELY UPDATE! :rolleyes:

We have known for weeks about this from their website. I knew the day before my TA told me.

I guess better late than never. Cover your butt I guess. :rolleyes:

I was just about to start a thread about the same thing.

I sail on Destiny in 2 days and Carnival called me at 1:30 today to tell me we would be going to Nassau instead of Cozumel.

THANKS FOR THAT TIMELY UPDATE! :rolleyes:

We have known for weeks about this from their website. I knew the day before my TA told me.

I guess better late than never. Cover your butt I guess. :rolleyes:

hey unofficial prez, have a great cruise on Destiny. We sure will on the Liberty.

Crusing the Conquest on Sunday, just got the "Your stop in Cozumel is canceled" call. I did laugh but only becuase we got the SAME call last week too for the May 24th sailing. Don't know how that happened:rolleyes:. I wished they would call to say we are going to Coz. that call I would enjoy.

I got the same call like 3 days before my Valor sailing.

Even funnier is the call from my no longer "travel agent" calling me Saturday afternoon while i was on the plane to FL to give me the heads up.

I wasnt pleased with him and was likely going to dump him anyway, but that call sealed the deal. No more travel agents for me. Why pay a commision when i do all the work planning anyway?

This change has been on their website for a few weeks.

Its called an "all call" which is computer generated from all the phone numbers in the data-base for your cruise date. Not everyone has E-Mail. Think of all of your grandparents or aunts and uncles in their 70s and 80s who don't have computers. By getting a call like this at least they can't say they were not notified of any changes to their itineraries.

Seriously not everyone has E-Mail :eek:.:p

We are sailing on the Glory this Saturday and I received a call today telling us that our itinerary had been completely changed. We received email and I had already seen it on the CC boards. i guess it is one last try to make sure no one is surprised when they arrive at the port.

Hey I got two calls this afternoon at work on my cell phone. While in the middle of the first call, they called again with the same message. I was told that my June 4th itinerary had changed...instead of Ensenada, the port would be Catalina. All very well and good...but I sail June 7th on the Valor through the Western Caribbean. Apart from the wrong date, wrong boat and wrong itinerary, I appreciated the two calls. :p

Archived