Paradise Beach, Nachi Cocom, or Mr. Sanchos???

winakork

My family of 5 including wife, 15 year old son, 13 year old son, and 11 year old daughter are trying to decide on a beach break while in Cozumel in August. The All-Inclusive really is appealing especially for my wife and I with the alcoholic treats. However, we have heard such good things about Tom at Paradise beach also. Where do you experienced folks think we are better off? Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

As I have mentioned on a couple of other threads, Nachi Cocom does NOT serve you a "set" lunch NOR is it a buffet. You order from a MENU and the food has always been terrific. Drinks will be what you order....if you order a rum and coke that's what you'll get, a well brand rum and coke. If you order a Bacardi and coke that's what you'll get. Check out the menu http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/e_food.html

Nachi is our favorite AI in Cozumel, hands down.

Playa Uvas is definitely NOT the one to go to for a nice sandy beach. We were disappointed but were glad we brought our water shoes. We like a nice sandy beach too and were very happy at Nachi and also the Reef Club (now the Wyndham).

Never been to San Francisco.

My family of 5 including wife, 15 year old son, 13 year old son, and 11 year old daughter are trying to decide on a beach break while in Cozumel in August. The All-Inclusive really is appealing especially for my wife and I with the alcoholic treats. However, we have heard such good things about Tom at Paradise beach also. Where do you experienced folks think we are better off? Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

I can say that we have been to Cozumel many times in the past, This year in April we went to Nachi Cocom, & boy was it it worth it. Im going to have to say your choice between the three places you have listed is going to be up to what you want want out of the day? Nachi is more laid back we didnt see any children there the day we went, It has a limit I believe 100 people per day they allow on site. Food great & plenty of it, drinks great, view breathtaking sand on beach soft, pool great w/ a swim up bar. We are going back in October & cant wait. But I think if you have teenagers they might want water toy's? & Nachi didnt have jumping things in the water, like Paradise & Mr. Sancho's offers.Hope this helps Cheala :)

We don't want to spend a lot for an all-inclusive because we hardly drink. We don't snorkel. Just want to spend a few hours at a place with comfortable chairs, soft sand leading down into the water to wade in and clean bathrooms. Toys, food and drink unimportant. Do you think Paradise Beach is too full of screaming kids playing? Is there a decent beach area at Chankanaab or is it just known for snorkeling?

Can you go to Nachi Cocom and not do the all inclusive option? I don't think I want to drink that much during the day, I would rather save that for the evening on the ship. I'm also interested to hear about Playa San Francisco and if there are any charges associated with that beach or can you just order off the menu.

winakork...not wanting to hijack your thread...

But can anyone tell me if the food at Nachi Cocum is unlimited as well or is it just lunch and that's it? If not what else do you get?

It is my understanding that it is a 3 course meal and unlimited drinks.

Snorkeling and any activities etc is extra.

Kevin

We are a family of four and while Nachi does get some great reviews....since our boys are over the age of 12....it would have been $200.00 + additional funds if they wanted to snorkel or "do anything" other than swim in the pool.

Since you are a family of 5, it would be more.

We just are not that big of drinkers.

All the beach resorts are $12-15 one way for a taxi of up to 4 people. (5 people can expect to pay around $20 one way...depending on where you dock).

We have always gone to Paradise Beach because the boys are entertained all day for $10.00. We used to go to Mr Sanchos before Paradise Beach opened...but back then all they had was one water trampoline that cost $4 for 2 hours.

The $10.00 wristband at Paradise Beach is ideal if your kids are active and enjoy water and land toys.

Since there is no entrance fee to Paradise Beach...of all 5 of your got the wristbands (kayaking, snorkeling, multi water trampolines, iceberg, floats, land toys etc) that would be $50.00. Paradise Beach asks that you eat/drink $10.00 a person...that would be another $50.00. So for $100.00, you are entertained for an entire day.

Paradise Beach also offers all the motorized toys that any other resort offers.

And IF you get there and it is to crowded, you have San Francisco Beach or CarlosNCharlies to choose from....and still use Paradise Beach's wristband for their toys. These three beach resorts are so close ... you can put one foot in PB and one foot in SFB....the same thing with SFB and CnC.

I drink a frozen Paradise Beach Punch that is $7.

Cheese Nachos will run you about $7 as well.

They have soda, beer etc. You can look at their menu on their website...

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/fun_pass.php

The great thing about Cozumel is that you can truly relax.

Have a super cruise and a wonderful day in Cozumel.

We have been to all 3 of them, so maybe we can provide you with our impressions:

Paradise Beach (www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/): nice beach, kind of small and chairs are really close to each other, fun water floats and trampoline (need to pay $10 pp to use it), good food ($15-18 average), drinks ok (mixed drink easy $10). It was a nice beach but to eat and have a few drinks, use the water floats..it all added up. Beach strip is nice and service is ok.

Nachi Cocom (http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm): nice beach and nice swimming pool (although we surely preferred to swim in the sea), drink quality was soso, lunch was a set lunch so it was food but not really a treat if you visit a foreign country and can have lunch on the beach, service was great.

Mr. Sanchos (http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/Tours/SanchosBeachBreak.htm): nice large beach front with great space for privacy while on the beach, little swimming pool, great drinks and excellent food from the menue unlimited, nice offer of additional activities such as atv, horseback, jet ski, etc. Great service. This is probably our favorite. They also offer a package just lunch, unlimited soft drinks, snorkel and kayaks, which looks like great value.

All in all, they are very nice beaches each...depending on what you are looking for you will find it. Hope this helped!! :):):)

How far are they from the port?

How far are they from the port?

All beach resorts are a $12 -15 taxi ride for up to 4 people one way.

If you are a couple and can find another couple headed your way, don't be shy about sharing a taxi. It can save you some bucks...at least one way.

We have been there 3 times this year and I think (you know women and distance measurement..>LOL) I saw a sign that said 12 Kilometers.

I know that it is about 4 miles from Carnival's Puerta Maya pier to downtown because hubby and I walked it in January. (sidewalks all the way)

I'd like to bring out family group of 9 to Paradise Beach, how much pressure is there to spend $10 pp in food/drink ? How busy is the beach if we go right from the ship in the morning??

Paradise Beach operates on the Honor System....so there is no official "pressure". However, asking someone to eat/drink $10 per person is a fair amount for CLEAN restrooms, lounge chairs, umbrellas, tables, changing rooms, showers, a CLEAN beach and free Internet at the bar....for use all day. All the beach resorts either charge an entrance fee or expect at least $10 per person in consumption.

They have soda and bottle water, as well as food and alcoholic drinks and beer.

We usually go first thing off the ship. It is not crowded. Just go in and make yourself at home. Select your location and settle in.

Paradise Beach operates on the Honor System....so there is no official "pressure". However, asking someone to eat/drink $10 per person is a fair amount for CLEAN restrooms, lounge chairs, umbrellas, tables, changing rooms, showers, a CLEAN beach and free Internet at the bar....for use all day. All the beach resorts either charge an entrance fee or expect at least $10 per person in consumption.

They have soda and bottle water, as well as food and alcoholic drinks and beer.

We usually go first thing off the ship. It is not crowded. Just go in and make yourself at home. Select your location and settle in.

Thank you. It's been years since I was in Cozumel and I usually would go to a "public" beach, but the reviews on Paradise Beach have been 100% positive.

Another vote for Paradise Beach. There are a few areas where entry to the water is rocky (water shoes are a good idea). But, if you enter the water where the big inflatable "iceberg" is, it's smooth. You would love it there, for sure.

We are going to Cozumel in August, and we reserved a spot on Nachi Cocum. We have never been, but it has gotten really good reviews and looks pretty nice! We also paid extra for a massage on the beach :)

Our family cruises on July 26th, and we're planning on Paradise Beach (for our fourth time!). It has everything we are looking for, from great food and drinks, chairs, umbrellas, and "toys" for our kids (who are now in their 20's). The restrooms are immaculate, the people are friendly, and the prices for food and drinks are reasonable. $10 pp in food and drinks is a steal, when many places charge that much for chairs and/or umbrellas. I highly recommend Paradise Beach.

What about San Francisco Beach? Sounds less crowded, which I like.

I've done San Francisco beach already...it is very nice and right next door to paradise beach. you can literally step over from one property to another.

When we went there, some of the members of our roll call did paradise and we were back and forth from one property to the other to chat with each other.

Our family cruises on July 26th, and we're planning on Paradise Beach (for our fourth time!). It has everything we are looking for, from great food and drinks, chairs, umbrellas, and "toys" for our kids (who are now in their 20's). The restrooms are immaculate, the people are friendly, and the prices for food and drinks are reasonable. $10 pp in food and drinks is a steal, when many places charge that much for chairs and/or umbrellas. I highly recommend Paradise Beach.

Since we're going with 7 adults and 2 kids, do they actually charge you $10pp even if you don't order that much, or as some say, is it totally honor system....our group is not a big drinking group??

Archived