Bride's dress is stolen out of airline luggage 8 days before wedding

I was really paranoid about bringing my gown on the plane. I was sure there would be some problem or other and they would force me to check it. I took a direct flight so there would be less chance of the checked luggage going astray. I flew in a day and a half early so there would be time to find my lost bag. And in case none of that worked, I actually packed a "back up dress". A plain white sheath that would pack easily and would work in case something happened to my real gown. A little crazy, I know. But, thankfully, totally unecessary.

This is a great example of why brides should carry-on their dresses! I knew that carrying my dress on wouldn't be the easiest thing, but I couldn't risk losing it! I brought it through security and on the plane in a garment bag from the bridal store. It had to lay it in the overhead bin on two connections, but at least it never left my sight!

• 3 years later...
Um yeah. I would NEVER checkmy Dress.... But still that was SO triflin of the WHOLE airline....

I don't understand this. "Triflin of the airline"? The airline itself probably had nothing to do with this very old story. Your bags are handled by many people (TSA, contract workers who don't actually work for the airlines, but for other companies, and other passengers who can easily get into or walk off with your bags).

Best advice is to never pack anything you aren't willing to lose, and to lock or secure you bag with zip ties.

I don't understand this. "Triflin of the airline"? The airline itself probably had nothing to do with this very old story. Your bags are handled by many people (TSA, contract workers who don't actually work for the airlines, but for other companies, and other passengers who can easily get into or walk off with your bags).

Best advice is to never pack anything you aren't willing to lose, and to lock or secure you bag with zip ties.

I believe she was referring to the way they handled the incident. My bags were lost once and the airline I flew with helped me with filing a claim and followed up with me. They didn't have the "oh well" attitude like this airline had. They didn't say "Well, are you sure you packed it?" and "Well, we didn't lose your dress, we have nothing to do with that". So yes, I agree with Shatima...it was triflin of the airline.

Thanks Cupcake8503.. Yes I mean as a whole... Old story or New.. I have worked for Airtran for MANY years (no longer there) but i know First hand.. When U check ur bags, it goes down the ramp to the bag room, it then get separted to the different ending location. then out to be stack on the belly of the plane.. I belive this Bride with ALL my heart that someone stole her dress.. NOW, I dont agree with her packing the most important item of the wedding, but she still should have been treated with Respect.. TSA only checks ur bags while u are at the check in counter (at most airports,) and then U can watch them as they put it on the belt to go to the bag room. (Oh and of course the check point) Now this is NOT to say TSA cant take ur items (i just dont see it in this case) When I was working at the airport though this tsa guy was stealing money out of folks bags (carry on) every since him, I now watch the persons dealing with my items (if I ever get called to the side type thing) but I dont carry cash no way. I just feel that airline in a whole sucked and didnt show this Bride any Respect at a very important time in her life. NO help no nothing so they had Everything to do with it :( If her bags beat her there, they were to remove all left over bags from the belt and into the office so no would be able to walk off with it.. .. And they very well could had check the cam and seeing someone taking her bag, and then bringing it right back.. There are always eyes every where :)

Archived