Drink Prices

skidawg79

We are going to be on our first ever cruise on the Caribbean Princess at the end of June, which we are very excited for. We got alot of great information off of these message boards, but one thing we couldnt find was a drink menu...haha. Was just wondering if anyone had a picture of one or just tell me what the prices are for beer, mixed drinks, margarita's and stuff like that. Thanks in advance for your help!

I can give you a ball park figure of drink prices.

beer $3.50

martini's $4.50

daiquiri's $4.50

special drinks $5.50

margarita's $5.50

you will enjoy yourself on princess.keep in mind you can always bring a bottle of wine or champagne on board just put it in your suit case don't forget the cork screw

The easiest way to answer your question is the pricing structure is basically like drinking in a nice nightclub/good rest......more than your friendly corner tavern but less than Blue. By the way I call home 40 minutes north of you....East Stroudsburg. We have sailed on the CB twice and are considering sailing on her again this Sept. She really is a nice ship....enjoy your cruise.

Just a correction on the post before mine.....martinis are $7 and change with the 15% gratuity added. Believe me, I drank enough to hear my pocket cry!

Hi!

I took pictures of all the indoor and outdoor beverage menus when I was on the Star Princess.

If you would like to view them, they are on our personal travel journal website.

Go to the link below and then into Karen's Cruise Corner, scroll down until you see the Star Princess. The albums are labeled for your convenience!

http://ourpassportstamps.com/

Hi!

I took pictures of all the indoor and outdoor beverage menus when I was on the Star Princess.

If you would like to view them, they are on our personal travel journal website.

Go to the link below and then into Karen's Cruise Corner, scroll down until you see the Star Princess. The albums are labeled for your convenience!

http://ourpassportstamps.com/

thanks!! loved the music and the web site...am sure I will be back. Love travel pics :-0

Wondering...what we should budget for the onboard drinks, maybe 1 spa, restaurants, desserts spcialty coffees and stuff like that? We aren't heavy drinkers but would definitely have a few and maybe some wine.... or a bottle of wine. I was thinking maybe 400-500$??? (my first time cruising :-))

beer $3.50

martini's $4.50

daiquiri's $4.50

special drinks $5.50

margarita's $5.50

you will enjoy yourself on princess.keep in mind you can always bring a bottle of wine or champagne on board just put it in your suit case don't forget the cork screw

I wonder if it depends on the ship because last week on Diamond Princess martini's, margarita's, daiquiri's etc were all at least $6.75 This was on our Alaska cruise. The only thing that was $5 was beer.

Julie

Hi

Based on AUD $. On the Sun Princess a beer was around $6 and a cocktail (pretty light on the alcohol) around $10. There was a 10% gratuity added to the price. A bottle of wine in the dining room was around $25 -$30. If you are light drinkers they will hold the unfinished bottle for your next meal. You can buy one bottle each of wine or champagne per day when on shore to take back on board. This can be consumed on the outside areas ($25 corkage in the dining areas). Ask room service for a champagne bucket, ice and glasses which is free of charge. We spent $1300 in 16 days on extras. This was for an average of around 3 drinks per day, an excursion, some photos and a couple of beauty sessions for my wife (not that she needs it :o)

From a Diamond Princess cruise last month (Apr 09):

Bass Ale, Becks, $4.35

Bud, Bud Lt (20 oz), $4.75

Coors Lt, $3.95

Dos Equis, $4.35

Fosters (20oz Can), $6.25

Fosters (draft), $4.50

Grolsch (16oz), $5.75

Guinness, $5.75

MGD, Miller Lt, $3.95

Buckets (5 for price of 4)

Dos Equis, Becks, $17.40

Bud/Bud Lt, $19.00

beer $3.50

martini's $4.50

daiquiri's $4.50

special drinks $5.50

margarita's $5.50

These prices are grossly outdated.

Thank you all! We are going on a 15 day Alaska CruiseTour; 8 land and 7 day cruise. I have already arranged and paid all our tours while on the cruise, (Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway) and those are with outside vendors so I figured those in a separate budget.

I did a little Excel sheet (below) of possible charges (Outside of the auto tipping which I budgeted separately) and it looks like we will need around $650! :eek:

3 drinks a day for me incl tip 168

4 beers a dayfor David incl tip 115.5

One stone therapy in Spa incl tip 170

one bottle of wine 35

one dinner at specailty restaurant 40

2 soda/drink cards 14

Misc Food 100

TOTAL 642.5

Sorry, i had to fix the list because the formatting didn't carry through and it won't accept any html commands for list.

I am really glad I came to this thread! :) I may be on the high side, but rather that than too low and shocked. Can anyone think of some service I missed or that I have priced incorrectly?

Thank you all again for your input!

You forgot photos. They're expensive ($20ish) but this is your first cruise, so you might want one from formal night as a momento.

We never bought extra food, there's enough to eat for free without needing to spend extra, so if the budget is getting stretched, that's an easy place to cut back.

Thank you all! We are going on a 15 day Alaska CruiseTour; 8 land and 7 day cruise. I have already arranged and paid all our tours while on the cruise, (Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway) and those are with outside vendors so I figured those in a separate budget.

I did a little Excel sheet (below) of possible charges (Outside of the auto tipping which I budgeted separately) and it looks like we will need around $650! :eek:

3 drinks a day for me incl tip 168

4 beers a dayfor David incl tip 115.5

One stone therapy in Spa incl tip 170

one bottle of wine 35

one dinner at specailty restaurant 40

2 soda/drink cards 14

Misc Food 100

TOTAL 642.5

Sorry, i had to fix the list because the formatting didn't carry through and it won't accept any html commands for list.

I am really glad I came to this thread! :) I may be on the high side, but rather that than too low and shocked. Can anyone think of some service I missed or that I have priced incorrectly?

Thank you all again for your input!

You show 2 soda drink cards for $14. They are $4.25 plus tip each per day. That is roughly $70 for the one week cruise.

You show 2 soda drink cards for $14. They are $4.25 plus tip each per day. That is roughly $70 for the one week cruise.

I thought the drink cards were something you bought once for the whole trip? Wow... I am not sure I would drink $4.25 worth of soda a day anyway. I mostly drink water...they don't charge for that too, do they? ....even if not bottled?

You forgot photos. They're expensive ($20ish) but this is your first cruise, so you might want one from formal night as a momento.

We never bought extra food, there's enough to eat for free without needing to spend extra, so if the budget is getting stretched, that's an easy place to cut back.

You're right..will want photo...it's also our 5th anniversary..thanks

I thought the drink cards were something you bought once for the whole trip? Wow... I am not sure I would drink $4.25 worth of soda a day anyway. I mostly drink water...they don't charge for that too, do they? ....even if not bottled?

For the soda card to be worthwhile, you have to average about 3 sodas per day in the dining rooms, lounges, pools etc. The card does not cover room service.

Tap water is free (still) :) We drink it all the time and have survived so far. There is a charge for bottled water.

You DO buy the soda cards once, but the price is based on the number of days left on your cruise. I believe if you drink more than two sodas a day it's worth it.

I drank tap water (took my own insullated mug from home) and thought it tasted fine. Some people don't like it.

What kind of RN are you? I'm OB/L&D.

For the soda card to be worthwhile, you have to average about 3 sodas per day in the dining rooms, lounges, pools etc. The card does not cover room service.

Tap water is free (still) :) We drink it all the time and have survived so far. There is a charge for bottled water.

Well, for 3 of the days we will be gone all day on excursions anyway...so there is just the night. There may be a good chance I might have a soda over an alcoholic beverage anyway :-) but good to budget for worst case scenario...I have updated my Excel sheet with photos and drink prices :-) But for the card...really we can just decide day by day...would that be right?

Do they charge for coffee and hot tea as well?...or would those be covered under that card I wonder?

thanks again! :-)

Well, for 3 of the days we will be gone all day on excursions anyway...so there is just the night. There may be a good chance I might have a soda over an alcoholic beverage anyway :-) but good to budget for worst case scenario...I have updated my Excel sheet with photos and drink prices :-) But for the card...really we can just decide day by day...would that be right?

Do they charge for coffee and hot tea as well?...or would those be covered under that card I wonder?

It sounds like you would be better off purchasing a soda as you want it instead of buying the card. If the card is purchased, it is charged for the length of your cruise, and can't be purchased per day.

Princess coffee (made from syrup concentrate) and tea is complimentary 24/7. Try it and decide for yourself if it is to your liking. Enjoy!

You DO buy the soda cards once, but the price is based on the number of days left on your cruise. I believe if you drink more than two sodas a day it's worth it.

I drank tap water (took my own insullated mug from home) and thought it tasted fine. Some people don't like it.

What kind of RN are you? I'm OB/L&D.

Well, I was OB and special care nursery with a little L&D thrown in once in awhile for many years on 12hr midnights back in Michigan. Now live in Arizona and currently working as a Clinical systems analyst (work on med scanning, electronic medical record etc) and like it very much.

It sounds like you would be better off purchasing a soda as you want it instead of buying the card. If the card is purchased, it is charged for the length of your cruise, and can't be purchased per day.

Princess coffee (made from syrup concentrate) and tea is complimentary 24/7. Try it and decide for yourself if it is to your liking. Enjoy!

syrup concentrate?? that's disgusting :-) and my husband is a BIG coffee drinker. I had better not tell him until after the cruise :-) lol

syrup concentrate?? that's disgusting :-) and my husband is a BIG coffee drinker. I had better not tell him until after the cruise :-) lol

Well, we find it totally disgusting and wouldn't drink it if that was all that was available. :(

There is an alternative. You can purchase the coffee card which gives you punches for specialty coffees, and free unlimited brewed coffee onboard. ;)

Well, we find it totally disgusting and wouldn't drink it if that was all that was available. :(

There is an alternative. You can purchase the coffee card which gives you punches for specialty coffees, and free unlimited brewed coffee onboard. ;)

I am almost scared to ask :-)....but how much is the coffe card? ...I am sure we will be needing this...me for the specialty and David for the brewed.

Around $27 for 15 speciality coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee and speciality teas. As long as there is one punch left on the coffee card, you can use it for free brewed coffee, and even take it on your next Princess cruise to use. The card is punched for the specialty coffees, but not the brewed coffees. Better budget that one in.

AND, if your TA is supplying the new coupon book for you, there is a 2 for 1 coupon for coffee cards in there. :)

You can buy the soda card at anytime during the cruise the cost is $4.25 times the number of days left, plus 15% time. It is not a daily card you could purchase some days and not others.

Coffee, ice tea and hot tea are free. They are available from room service, at the buffet 24 hours a day and with meals in the dining room. Juice is available with breakfast and lemonade with lunch.

Specialty coffees are extra and that is a separate card.

Archived