excursion question - which resort??

newbiecruiser

Hi -

We are on the Vision of the Seas (RCCL) sailing on 1/9/05 - and we were thinking of booking the Puerto Vallarta Beach Break excursion. Has anyone been on this one, and does anyone know which resort you go to?

I was wondering if it was better to just go to the resort on our own, or just find a good beach somewhere...

Laurie

Most of the cruise ships use the Paradise Village Resort, which is located in Nuevo Vallarta, about 20 min north of where you will be docked. Beautiful resort, nice beach, clean facilities. You could go on your own but by the time you pay for your round trip transportation, entrance fees, etc you will spend more money than if you book the tour with the ship.

Laurie, we are also on this cruise. Did you sign up for the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle? We are going to walk to the Krystal Hotel in Puerto Vallarta. From what I have read it is $15.00 for the day and you get that back in food and drink vouchers. I have heard a lot of good things about this hotel. Very nice with lots of pools and you can use their beach. If you have any other questions about this itinerary please e-mail me at candigirl41@aol.com. This will be my 6th cruise to these ports.

Candi

Hi Candi -

This is our 2nd cruise to this destination - the first time it was sort of a 2nd honeymoon, and we had such a good time that we are back again with the kids (teenagers). This will be their first cruise, and they are not too sure if they will like it, but I know they will have a great time once they get on board!

I think I'll go with the excursion, since we are in PV until 11:00pm we will have plenty of time later in the afternoon and evening to spend time in town.

Last time we went, we took what was supposed to be a 3 hour tour that turned into more like a 6 hour tour, and had no time in town at all, so we are looking forward to seeing PV and checking out the night life!

Laurie

Hi Candi -

We live in Phoenix but have family in the L.A. area, so we are driving to CA on Friday to spend a couple of days with them. And - they're going to drive us to the pier so we can leave our car at their house!

I don't really like to do the meet & mingle thing, but hopefully we will run into each other sometime during the cruise! What other excursions do you have planned? We are snorkeling in Cabo, and just hanging out on the beach again in Mazatlan. We are originally from CA and miss the beach and water so much, we are going to soak in as much as we can on this trip! I'm hoping it won't be too cold - we were there in November last time and the weather and water temp were just perfect!

2 weeks from today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie

We spent a week at this resort last year in one of the privately owned condo's on the resort. It was the best condo we have ever stayed in, mostly due to the owners care and upgrades, plus it was an enormous penthouse suite!

Anyway...

The resort was really nice, beach is nice and there are lots of activities going on. You can relax or be active. Your choice. caution though, it is not near town, its at least 20 minutes to downtown. It was a great place to stay and relax and close enough that we could go into town to shop and enjoy the night life.

We liked it so much we are booking another trip there for May. If you have any questions about the resort you can email me at sdcorrington@comcast.net

Debbie

Archived