Giving extra tips for good service

Sunmist

I know some people tip the maître d in the dining room if they are extra accommodating, especially when you have anytime dining and they are able to seat you right away. How much is a suitable tip for that kind of service?

Thanks for the help!

There should be no need to "pre-tip" to get excellent service! If one of the staff goes out of their way to do something extra-special, then tip after the fact, but there's no need to "bribe" on a ship. This is what these folks do, and they do it extremely well!

I know some people tip the maître d in the dining room if they are extra accommodating, especially when you have anytime dining and they are able to seat you right away. How much is a suitable tip for that kind of service?

Thanks for the help!

If I had the money, which I don't, then I would drop a $100 for that kind of service. The maitre'd won't seat you ahead of people waiting in line. If you wish to be seated immediately then make a reservation.

I give monetary gifts at the beginning of my trip, as not to spend it in other areas. This is not meant to compensate for service but to supplement their income....dem poor workers :eek: If you intend to supplement the maitre'd salary then by all means do it at the beginning. You won't need to just for better service.

JMOP!

Archived