How close does your cruise have to be for you to get Giddy?!?!?

Mooder

Just got home from work and the Welcome Aboard booklet had arrived. It only had mine and my hubby's name printed on the outside, but inside there were luggage tags with my name, hubby's name and son's name. Yay! The real tags - names and cabin #'s on it ... makes it start to feel very real. A giddy moment for sure.

Excellent!:D

you all have mail.......

Giddy.........I just took $$ out of my Credit Union to pay for my cruise.......... OK really no so Giddy but I know the deadline is coming up so I'm gonna be ready!

OK - got my mail . . . . .

TOO FUNNY!!!!!!:D I can't wait to see 'Muder's video of that!

Thanks for sharing!;)

SH:D

Just got home from work and the Welcome Aboard booklet had arrived. It only had mine and my hubby's name printed on the outside, but inside there were luggage tags with my name, hubby's name and son's name. Yay! The real tags - names and cabin #'s on it ... makes it start to feel very real. A giddy moment for sure.

Nothing like real luggage tags to get your heart pumping!!!:)

Just reached a new level of Giddiness.

The only pair of underwear left in the house (and not packed) is the ones set out to wear for the plane flight tomorrow. :cool:

Sea Hound: Get ready for the secret handshake. :D:eek::p

The only pair of underwear left in the house (and not packed) is the ones set out to wear for the plane flight tomorrow. :cool:

Woo Hoo! You must be so excited!

SH, you have mail (I hope).

TMI!!!!:eek: (I hope they are clean at least!)

Have a great flight and a great cruise.:)

ummm...so let's recap:

- only 1 pair of undies left

- you'll be wearing on flight tomorrow

- secret handshake

SH: BRING PURELL!!! I DON'T CARE WHAT TSA LIMITS ARE!!! :eek:

I woudl like to say I put some hand sanitizer on a bite I have on my neck a couple hours ago and it worked pretty good to stop the itch.:)

That's interesting. Had you read about this - I'm curious what made you think of it. I was bitten by something the other evening and wish I had known - but I'm prepared for next time!

ummm...so let's recap:

- secret handshake

Sea Hound could just do like 'Muder and wear the liquid sanitizer bag. :eek:

We need a few days pre cruise to see how many Maine Coast lobsters can be eaten. Plus cheeseburgers at Shady Glen in Manchester, CT. :cool:

Edited by 14ersco

We need a few days pre cruise to see how many Maine Coast lobsters can be eaten. Plus cheeseburgers at Shady Glen in Manchester, CT. :cool:

First, two is the standard number to wear. Second, you think he could wear them as well as me? ;)

Never been to Shady Glen - I'll have to check it out! I haven't been to Maine in a while, but we were in Mystic last weekend and the seafood was to die for so I can't blame you for scheduling some New England time!

I think when I actually book the trip is my first sign of giddy.

Then it relaxes for a while because I tend to book real early.

Next , when I make my final payment, at least for a few days....

Then........

THE EDOC DANCE! is Pure Giddy.

Then things take a course of their own.

Overdose of CC and seeing who else is on the Roll call and what others are saying on the threads about the the ship, the food, the adventures.... It's Random Giddy depending on what I read.

A little Stress rolls in about a month before. (getting dog/cat sitter lined up, do I have enough spending money, why didn't I go on a diet months ago etc...)

Packing does not make me Giddy by any means. Finally closing the suitcase and having it zipper makes me Giddy because all I have do no is get there.

The Big Giddy for me is when I see the ship....

Wait there is the ship sighting driving down the Henry Hudson from a distance. I get giddy then as I yell...I see a ship!!!

Ok, Big Giddy is when I see the ship up close and I am standing in line waiting for my turn looking at her out the window. I think I have a perpetual smile on my face at the terminal.

And those are my Giddy moments!:D

omg you described my giddiness to perfection, at least i'm not the only one,lol

IMO, nothing can ever beat a ME lobster. now having lived in MA, i learned that the BEST time for ME lobster are late June-July-early August. is that correct? (when they are most full inside their shell before they molt.)

First, two is the standard number to wear. Second, you think he could wear them as well as me? ;)

NO, SH cannot; You are the Queen of the Sanitizer Bags. :D

Never been to Shady Glen - I'll have to check it out! I haven't been to Maine in a while, but we were in Mystic last weekend and the seafood was to die for so I can't blame you for scheduling some New England time!

Shady Glen review from RoadFood:

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Reviews/14/shady-glen

Shady Glen review from RoadFood:

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Reviews/14/shady-glen

Cool! Thanks. I love finding new unique places. I first opened that roadfood page and thought it was a pic of a taco salad - I never saw cheeseburger like that!! (despite all my time on roadfood.com). How does one eat it? :confused:

I am giddy about my cruise from the day I book it. Right now, I have 2 booked, and am mainly thinking about the first one. Then, I will worry about what to do on the second one. It's a great feeling just knowing there is a booking out there waiting to go on. :D :D

Cool! Thanks. I love finding new unique places. I first opened that roadfood page and thought it was a pic of a taco salad - I never saw cheeseburger like that!! (despite all my time on roadfood.com). How does one eat it? :confused:

Usually I just chew off the cheese sticking out first; then eat the rest as usual.

The milk shakes are also very good. I choose my flavor based on what fruit is in season. :)

Sea Hound: Get ready for the secret handshake. :D

ummm...so let's recap:

- secret handshake

It's a Wharf Rat thang! Most folks wouldn't understand!;)

SH:D