Need Help with Post Cruise Flight out of Vancouver

BACON227

Here's my dilema, I'm already booked for a 1250pm flight on the day of disembarkation which I thought was perfect. The problem is, the airline just changed my connection time in Vegas giving me 35 minutes in between flights. I called the airline and they even said I might miss my connection. Because of the schedule change and the high probability I would miss my connection they offered to give me a full refund if I wanted to cancel. They also said that that particular flight was their last flight to Ft. Laud for the day meaning we would be stranded in Vegas with possibly no luggage.

I checked for another flight and found a flight departing at 1135 am on a different airline. To make things even better the airfare is almost $150 less per person than I paid for the airfare I have now.

Now to the big question, is 1135am too early on disembarkation day to make the flight??? Princess suggests nothing earlier than noon for this flight.

What do you think???????

Thanks for your suggestions!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for everybody's advice........I'm going to stick with what I have and worst case scenario get a free night in Vegas out of it.

What is US Direct and how do I find out if Princess participates in it?

How can I participate in it?

Sounds like a great idea.

Thanks for everybody's advice........I'm going to stick with what I have and worst case scenario get a free night in Vegas out of it.

What is US Direct and how do I find out if Princess participates in it?

How can I participate in it?

Sounds like a great idea.

There are many threads going on regarding US direct. the short of it, is there is limited service right now and to check with your cruise ship to see if they are participating.

Disneyworld is correct that there are many threads, but US Direct is a baggage program for U.S. residents that speeds things up. Both cruise line and airline must be participating (Princess does...what airline are you flying?):

http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/usdirectprocess.aspx

Here's one recent thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=991732

My only YVR non-stop of the day is 12:20 p.m. (NW air to Detroit). Just to make things totally asinine :rolleyes: I'm a Canadian resident/passport holder who lives 75 minutes (on a good day at customs) from DTW. As a Canadian, returning from last port in U.S., bound for the U.S. , not only do I NOT qualify for U.S. Direct, I'd have a double customs/immigration lineup whammy.

I cancelled and booked that flight for the day after disembarkation. Got a cheap ($82 Priceline) room at the Pan Pacific, so life is good.

Any flight before noon is chancey at best. Too many things can cause delays. Our flight home is at 2:00. As much as I dislike waiting in airports, I'd rather do that than stress over making it to the gate in time. Such stress is no way to end a relaxing cruise, IMO. Good luck!

Archived