Coral Princess to Alaska Questions

mamaday

Looking for info from anyone that has been to Alaska this year on the Coral. How was the embarkation in Vancouver? What about the shows - which ones are not to miss. Also what are the formal nights? Please share any info that will help us out.

Hellloooo! Anyone out there who cruised on Coral last week?

I'm leaving tomorrow for Vancouver and boarding Coral on Monday. I'd like to know about the highlights and lowlights too. All the "don't miss this" and "don't bother with that"s. ... Anybody?... Bueller?

Looking for info from anyone that has been to Alaska this year on the Coral. How was the embarkation in Vancouver? What about the shows - which ones are not to miss. Also what are the formal nights? Please share any info that will help us out.

We just got off the Coral Monday. I have to say, embarkation was as easy as I have seen. We were on the ship within minutes after we started our check in just after noon. Really efficient.

Unfortunately we did not see any of the shows. We spent a lot of time in the Explorer's Lounge for the most part listening to music, dancing, and watching activities there.

We had our formal nights the second and and sixth nights, both sea days. I don't think they will change.

Our "not to miss" excursions were snorkeling in Ketchikan and Whale watching with Orca Enterprises in Juneau.

If you have clear skies, don't miss sunsets after leaving Skagway. They are spectacular. The scenery is indescribable.

Our best service was from Arthur and Jason, table 38B in anytime dining; Moon, a photographer; and Olga, in the Explorer's Lounge.

The cruise director and staff were unremarkable and their activities seemed subdued. I say this, though, after a very high energy CD & staff on our recent cruise aboard the Emerald so you may want to take my view here with a grain of salt.

I hope you have a great time.

Win Twins!!!!!!!!!

We enjoy snorkeling at Eden Rock on Grand Cayman, but somehow the idea of snorkeling in Alaska just doesn't have the same appeal to me.:eek: Perhaps if the water weren't so freezing cold. Yikes!

We enjoy snorkeling at Eden Rock on Grand Cayman, but somehow the idea of snorkeling in Alaska just doesn't have the same appeal to me.:eek: Perhaps if the water weren't so freezing cold. Yikes!

We are Caribbean snorkelers, too, but coudn't resist doing it at least once in cold water. The wet suits keep you very warm (98.6) so the only slight chill is when you go in the water and it seeps through the wet suit sipper. The water that comes in is what warms to body temp. A humpback whale passed by us when we were in the water, Pretty cool.

"I am sorry, what is MUTS???"

Movies Under The Stars. There's a giant movie screen by a pool on the larger Princess ships. They use it at night for movies. I've only been on one Princess cruise so far, on the Grand out of Galveston in Dec 2004. They had live video on the big screen during the sail away and I think some of the other activities later in the week (if I remember correctly).

I will be on Coral in Mid-Aug. and made final payment today. Reading your posts gets me anxious to sail.

I am sorry, what is MUTS???

How was food???

Hi-- Just got off the Coral on Monday. Food in the main dining room was very good. We were very disappointed in the Horizen Court. Limited choices for breakfast and you had to ask for things such as bannanas. This is our 3rd cruise with Princess and our prior experience withthe food has been positive

We just got off the Coral on Monday as well. We had the BEST time! This was my first cruise, so I don't have much to compare it too, but it seems like everything we experienced we were universally told "You guys are so lucky! It is never like this!"

That being said, your trip next week will be amazing for the weather alone (if it stays the same). The locals were telling us that Alaska has not seen weather like this in 40 years. I didn't wear half the clothes I packed because it was so warm. It rained only as we left Vancouver, a little while we slept one night, and then on Wednesday as we were leaving Denali Natl Park. Perfect clear weather otherwise.

On the ship, we got completely hooked on bingo. Our daily schedules ended up being planned around when we could play bingo. Not that we're your stereotypical "geezers" who live for bingo - we're actually 30-somethings that never played before. We were just on a winning streak! Out of our group of four, one person won $50, I won $300, and my other friend won the grand prize - a cruise for two to the Caribbean! We had a blast!

As for shore excursions, we salmon fished in Ketchikan (a little too early in the season-no fish). In Juneau, we went to Mendenhall Glacier, up Mt. Roberts Tram, and took a helicopter and 2-hr. hike on a glacier (amazing)! In Skagway, we went on the Rainforest Bike Tour (crappy tour guide and my butt still hurts!) and a walking tour of the city that I printed out from skagway.com.

Cruising the glaciers was incredible. One note though...We visited one glacier and got within 200 feet of it while cruising Glacier Bay. Only problem was that they decided to offer this seafood buffet on the top deck while we were there. I wanted so badly to take pictures of the amazing sights, but I got overruled by my hungry friends who wanted the buffet. Thus, we were in line for this buffet the whole time we were parked right on top of this glacier and missed the whole Kodak experience. (My dad always told me, "When your ship finally comes in, you're gonna be standing at the airport!" I guess he was right!)

I don't really know what else to add. You will certainly be making great memories of your own next week! And then you'll be back posting here too I imagine!

Have a great trip! You will have the time of your life!

Archived