Carnival Splendor Burrito Bar (Pictures)

Wennfred

The burrito bar was one of the best things offered at lunchtime on the Splendor! We had one at least a few times!:D

My favorite was the Rotissorie Bar, in fact I will post those now.

Fred

I'm kicking myself for not trying the burritos!! There are just so many food options it makes it hard to get a taste of them all esp since we eat in the dining room for dinners and a few lunches. I think I need to book a back to back cruise so I can get to all of these options! :D My wonderful dh will probably buy me a gift card for a Taco Bell and tell me to have lunch on him instead lol

Fred

We never made it up to the Rotissorie Bar. We did hear great things about it! I'll have to try it next time! We have the Splendor booked again for next March!:D

Burrito Bar was good (although NOT mexican)... be warned that they change the "flavor" of rice... first time I had it, it was a cilantro lime rice (mmm)... second time I had it I didn't look, but apparently the rice was something else (bright yellow - and not very tasty in my burrito). :rolleyes:

Tandoor was my fav!!! :D

Fred

Really? Do ya' think so?

It was good but it wasn't near the top of my list. I REALLY like Tandoor on the Lido Deck aft!!!

:)

Tandoor was very Spicy Spicy and for that reason I didnt like it too much.

hmm... I didn't think it was that spicy, I gave it maybe a "medium" rating (but that's by my taste - which you can apparently see how that runs :D).

I couldn't get enough of the "green sauce" fish.

Burrito Bar was good (although NOT mexican)... be warned that they change the "flavor" of rice... first time I had it, it was a cilantro lime rice (mmm)... second time I had it I didn't look, but apparently the rice was something else (bright yellow - and not very tasty in my burrito). :rolleyes:

Tandoor was my fav!!! :D

WOOOOHOOO!!

High five!! Me, too!!!

:D

It was good but it wasn't near the top of my list. I REALLY like Tandoor on the Lido Deck aft!!!

:)

Totally agree.

In fact, my initial visit on embarkation day was because of overhearing you mention how much you liked it. (Thanks)

I'll be on the Splendor in September. I think I know what my first lunch will be--a burrito, some rotissery chicken and side dishes!!!!!!

I'll be on the ship as soon as boarding is allowed, so I'll be making a bee line to the upper level of the resaurant for that....The Buffet is good, but that rotisserie and burrito looks good...

Spicy food--mild salsa sauce is WAY to hot for me.......My tummy can 't handle the heat and I feel it after/later in the day....I'd need to down a bottle of Pepto for the heartburn/indigiestion I will get!

I'm kicking myself for not trying the burritos!! There are just so many food options it makes it hard to get a taste of them all esp since we eat in the dining room for dinners and a few lunches. I think I need to book a back to back cruise so I can get to all of these options! :D My wonderful dh will probably buy me a gift card for a Taco Bell and tell me to have lunch on him instead lol

I'm kicking myself for having my only burrito on the one day I was sea sick/hungover. :( It was still good, though!

But for the Texans who know what I'm talking about - it's no Freebirds. I had to have one for lunch the week I got back because all I could think of while eating my one burrito was how much I wanted one from Freebirds!

Thanks so much for posting these pics! Those burritos look soooo good!

Did they use a corn tortilla? mmm...

I wish this were a regular thing on all ships... I guess I'll have to settle for the Mexican buffet day...

Thanks so much for posting these pics! Those burritos look soooo good!

Did they use a corn tortilla? mmm...

I wish this were a regular thing on all ships... I guess I'll have to settle for the Mexican buffet day...

Although the tortilla came out alittle yellow in the pictures, they where actually Flour tortillas.

Fred

I am in the minority, as I didn't care for the burrito bar at all! Since when is lemon rice Mexican? Plus, the tortilla wasn't steamed or grilled, and was used from the package and the guac and sour cream were almost non-existent. I live in Cali, so maybe I'm just used to really good burritos??? The hot salsa was good though :o

What I did really like was the Deli on the Aft deck. Loved the fresh mozzarella sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes and pesto. They will press it if you ask and is just yummy!

Archived