Carnival Splendor Burrito Bar (Pictures)

Wennfred

I am in the minority, as I didn't care for the burrito bar at all! Since when is lemon rice Mexican? Plus, the tortilla wasn't steamed or grilled, and was used from the package and the guac and sour cream were almost non-existent. I live in Cali, so maybe I'm just used to really good burritos??? The hot salsa was good though :o

What I did really like was the Deli on the Aft deck. Loved the fresh mozzarella sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes and pesto. They will press it if you ask and is just yummy!

I did not try the burrito bar when I was on the Splendor in April, but the consensus seems to be the same for California locals--that it really isn't that good. It might be better received on other ships that sail out of other areas.

Which recalls something a friend I had from college once told me. She was from Connecticut, and she said their idea of Mexican food is Jack in the Box! LOL!:p The burrito bar might be rather exotic for people who don't know good burritos!

I did not try the burrito bar when I was on the Splendor in April, but the consensus seems to be the same for California locals--that it really isn't that good. It might be better received on other ships that sail out of other areas.

Which recalls something a friend I had from college once told me. She was from Connecticut, and she said their idea of Mexican food is Jack in the Box! LOL!:p The burrito bar might be rather exotic for people who don't know good burritos!

Thats another reason why I didn't try it. That I can get here at home. Theres a Taco shop on every corner here like there is a McDonalds elsewhere.

Fred

My favorite was the Rotissorie Bar, in fact I will post those now.

Fred

It was good...but there was so many choices and things to try on the ship!!!

Loved the Tandor grill and the Mongolian wok grill also.

:D

It was good...but there was so many choices and things to try on the ship!!!

Loved the Tandor grill and the Mongolian wok grill also.

:D

Talk about Selections, I didnt even try the Mongolian Grille on this ship!!! I took some pictures of it but didnt try it, and I love Mongolian grille.

Fred

Talk about Selections, I didnt even try the Mongolian Grille on this ship!!! I took some pictures of it but didnt try it, and I love Mongolian grille.

Fred

One day we took a little something from each station...LOL

The Mongolian grill was a bit of a wait, but worth it...it's hard to ruch it when each order is cooked to seperate and fresh. It was entertaining to see people load up their bowls like they expected them to cook down to 1/4 of the size...when the meat and sauce were added and it cam back in 2 huge bowls the look on their faces were priceless...hahahaha :eek:

I am in the minority, as I didn't care for the burrito bar at all! Since when is lemon rice Mexican? Plus, the tortilla wasn't steamed or grilled, and was used from the package and the guac and sour cream were almost non-existent. I live in Cali, so maybe I'm just used to really good burritos??? The hot salsa was good though :o

I think the lemon rice may have been what I had the 2nd time - not so good. Like I said, it wasn't "mexican"... more like a wrap... but it was different than the normal Lido offerings. :D

And yes - the hot salsa WAS good, I had that a couple of times without the burrito. ;)

• 1 month later...

am i crazy? did i miss it?

i didnt see the burrito bar on splendor. we sailed out of south florida before she made the trip around the horn to the left coast

someone plese tell me they only implemented on west coast.

where is it on the ship?

I'm kicking myself for having my only burrito on the one day I was sea sick/hungover. :( It was still good, though!

But for the Texans who know what I'm talking about - it's no Freebirds. I had to have one for lunch the week I got back because all I could think of while eating my one burrito was how much I wanted one from Freebirds!

My vote is for the Rotisserie! I would have been content to eat that for lunch every day!

Ditto on the Freebird's comment. My nieces and nephews ate countless burritos and loved them, but Jim & I decided to wait until we got home and could get a bird!

Funny story for fellow Texans who like Freebird's...we ate at the original Freebird's near the University of California at Santa Barbara during our pre-cruise road trip. It was NOT at all like our Freebird's!:confused::confused::confused: They had very few toppings...no peppers & onions, no tomatoes, no queso.:( The price for 2 regulars and 2 soft drinks was over $20:eek:, and they had never seen my frequent bird-eater card before! There were some things you could see the resemblance, like the Harley hanging from the ceiling, but obviously Freebird's has changed a lot since it came to Texas!

am i crazy? did i miss it?

i didnt see the burrito bar on splendor. we sailed out of south florida before she made the trip around the horn to the left coast

someone plese tell me they only implemented on west coast.

where is it on the ship?

I'd like the answer to this question also. I sailed the Splendor to Northern Europe in August. I completely understand why there was no burrito bar since it was a European itinerary (but there was lot's of bangers and mash :p), but I am curious where it is on the ship, and what did it replace?

p.s. Like the previous posters...I LOVED the tandoor!

Archived