Do 12 yr. olds cruise for free??

cmlmich

My Sister in Law is thinking about having her 12 year old son go with them on a cruise and she is under the impression that he is included with their cost. I think she is crazy and she would have to pay full fare for him too. Can anyone tell me which is correct?? Would they have to pay the tipping for him as well?

Oh my, that is a good one...please, allow me to get up off the floor first...

The answer is NO. First and Second passengers pay fiull fare. The 3rd and 4th passenger go for much less and usually have a upper berth or the sofa bed to sleep on.

The kid is going to eat and take part in activities, thus, they need to make him pay something to do that.....Unless his mother would like to cruise for a much higher cost....

My Sister in Law is thinking about having her 12 year old son go with them on a cruise and she is under the impression that he is included with their cost. I think she is crazy and she would have to pay full fare for him too. Can anyone tell me which is correct?? Would they have to pay the tipping for him as well?

No....definately not "free".

She would have to pay the 3rd/4th person rate....which is less than the rate for the first and second passengers. Yes she would be expected to pay the regular (10.00/per day/per person) tips.

They pay the 3rd Guest price, usually something like 450.00 on a 7 day cruise. And yes they would have to pay the tips also for the kids.

Fred

I just took my 11 yr old and my 8 yr old and we paid 3rd and 4th person rate for both of them and we also paid 10 a day in tips for each of them. Nothing was free but well worth every penny we spent..... They had a blast and wrote awesome reports for school about their trips.....

They pay the 3rd Guest price, usually something like 450.00 on a 7 day cruise. And yes they would have to pay the tips also for the kids.

Fred

Man how I wish it was $450. Not on any summer cruises I've been pricing. They are all at least $600 for 3rd/4th.:(

Bill

Man how I wish it was $450. Not on any summer cruises I've been pricing. They are all at least $600 for 3rd/4th.:(

Bill

Ouch, they are only charging my Daughter Crystal 450.00 as a 3rd guest rate for the August 3rd Alaska cruise.

Fred

Ouch, they are only charging my Daughter Crystal 450.00 as a 3rd guest rate for the August 3rd Alaska cruise.

Fred

Ahh Alaska. The cruise industry can't give it away. My wife and i are on the Diamond Princess the beginning of September for $349pp.

On Hal you can take your daughter for $99.

Unfortunately I'm pricing the Caribbean for 2010 and there isn't anything cheap.

Bill

Kids do not cruise "free" on Carnival. If they are traveling with two adults in the same cabin , they would pay the 3rd and 4th passenger rate, which is generally (but not necessarily) cheaper. Kids pay the same $10 per day per person tips. ken

On our big family cruise....my sister brought her husband and 2 sons (age 3 and 6 months) She had to pay the full 3rd and 4th person fare for the boys.....even though the 6 month old didn't eat the food......we were told that they count the persons who would take space in lifeboats (if G-d forbid they were needed.....)

My Sister in Law is thinking about having her 12 year old son go with them on a cruise and she is under the impression that he is included with their cost.
Bwahahahahaha! Thanks for the laugh.

Funniest thing posted all month.

Thanks for the confirmations! That is what I thought too. I actually really don't think it is a good idea for her to bring her 12 yr. old. We asked her and her BF to got with us so we could have some "adults" to hang out with...then she said yesterday that she is thinking about taking him :eek:.

We love the kid, but we were planning on a kid free cruise!

Maybe she will change her mind when she finds out how much more it will cost her.

Hello cmlmich! To answer the question that you asked: You are correct, not your SIL. Unless...there is some sort of special promotion. Also, my response is based on the belief that SIL is utilizing the cruise services of Carnival Cruise Lines. Also, normal tipping guidelines would apply.

A simple enough answer to a simple enough question! :)

Archived