where to stay in new orleans

rdemn

I know their cancellation policy is 24 hours before arrival without getting your credit card charged. We are coming in July 21, and staying till July 25, then going on Fantasy. My room is much more expensive than people are quoting here! Maybe it is the time of year?

I am booked at the Drury for $109 plus $15 to park for the entire stay. At first, I thought this was pretty good, but then I found that the Courtyard is $79 (90 w/ tax) and has free parking. I was going to cancel the Drury and reserve the Courtyard ($50 will buy several DOD's) BUT the Courtyard website states "parking is limited". I called the Courtyard and she said that the parking was a first come first serve deal. that makes me very nervous that I would not get the benefit of the free parking. Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard and what really is the parking situation there? Should I just bite the bullet and stay at Drury so I don't have to worry about it?

I appreciate your opinions!

Michele

Stay with the Drury.

Drury???

I need to book 3 rooms for mar and I know that is a busy time. Can I book the rooms with a cc and them not charge me anything unless I dont cancel within given time?

Go to this site:

http://www.neworleanscvb.com/static/index.cfm/contentID/505/sectionID/2/subsectionID/0

for the special codes. There is one for the Drury, "NOLACRUISE". Ask for it when you book. You may have to call the hotel directly.

The Drury is a great hotel and their rates are really good for what you get - spacious rooms with comfy beds and bathrooms, afternoon popcorn (a fav for DH & DS), evening cocktails and snacks, full breakfast (scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast or pancakes, pastries, juices, bagels, cereal, make your own Belgian waffles, biscuits & gravy, etc), and free parking. The only down side is that there isn't much around in the way of restaurants. But I do recommend Mother's and their grilled shrimp po' boy! Makes my mouth water right now (and I just ate dinner).

Archived