Shipping luggage independantly

AWED23

What has been the experience of anyone who has shipped luggage independant of HAL's service that is offered on "Grand Voyages" ?...I am trying to choose between 2 services, Luggage Free and Luggage Forward. If you have personally used either of these two services I would appreciate any comment or advice you might have. We have shipped on grand voyages with HAL handling the details and now we are spoiled. We are on a 35 day round trip out of Boston in July/August and I need to determine which service to use. Thank You for helping!!!:D

What has been the experience of anyone who has shipped luggage independant of HAL's service that is offered on "Grand Voyages" ?...I am trying to choose between 2 services, Luggage Free and Luggage Forward. If you have personally used either of these two services I would appreciate any comment or advice you might have. We have shipped on grand voyages with HAL handling the details and now we are spoiled. We are on a 35 day round trip out of Boston in July/August and I need to determine which service to use. Thank You for helping!!!:D

We too are taking this Voyage of the Vikings and are interested in the service which picks up your luggage on the ship before disembarkment and you don't see it until you get to your home airport. Sail 7 Seas is going to inquire about it in her cruise next month as I don't know if it operates fromBoston or with American Airlines. Do y ou have a website you could email me about the two services you mention? Would appreciate any info. JYGresham@aol.com

For the Voyage of the Vikings last year we sent our luggage across the country using Fed Ex. It worked beautifully. There is one catch,however. We went two days early to play tourist in Boston so we had the luggage sent to our hotel. They kept if for us until we arrived - said they do that all the time. We sent it under a plan for 5 days ground - exactly what it took. It was noticeably less expensive than the shipping companies, but they do deliver to the ship.

The Fed Ex place is across the waterway from where the Maasdam docked, you could see it from the deck. Coming home we had the taxi just take us to Fed Ex to leave the luggage for the trip home. Worked very well, and coming home our luggage actually got there in 4 days, in fine shape. While we were at the Fed Ex in Boston to leave-off our luggage the private service dropped off a very large truck load of luggage from the Maasdam for shipping to homes.

Just another option, although not quite as convenient, in Boston because of locations it works very well and we saved many dollars. (Actually under the present charges for checked bags on airlines, it would now only be $10 more expensive to use Fed Ex. )

For the Voyage of the Vikings last year we sent our luggage across the country using Fed Ex. It worked beautifully. There is one catch,however. We went two days early to play tourist in Boston so we had the luggage sent to our hotel. They kept if for us until we arrived - said they do that all the time. We sent it under a plan for 5 days ground - exactly what it took. It was noticeably less expensive than the shipping companies, but they do deliver to the ship.

The Fed Ex place is across the waterway from where the Maasdam docked, you could see it from the deck. Coming home we had the taxi just take us to Fed Ex to leave the luggage for the trip home. Worked very well, and coming home our luggage actually got there in 4 days, in fine shape. While we were at the Fed Ex in Boston to leave-off our luggage the private service dropped off a very large truck load of luggage from the Maasdam for shipping to homes.

Just another option, although not quite as convenient, in Boston because of locations it works very well and we saved many dollars. (Actually under the present charges for checked bags on airlines, it would now only be $10 more expensive to use Fed Ex. )

We are definitely interested in the FedEx luggage plan. Presumably you would have to time your disembarkation to allow for dropping off your luggage at FedEx and then having the same taxi drive you straight to Logan Field. How did that work out for y ou? Are taxis readily available at the dock? We have an 11:55am flight so would need to leave the ship in plenty of time to allow for the FedEx stop. Do you know if FedEx has any of the baggage screening and/or inspection procedures that the airlines have about what and how things are packed? Thanks in advance for any info you can give us.

Archived