Godfrey's Tour recommended

brichar499

I picked up information about Godfrey from these boards and contacted him directly (http://godfreytoursvi.com/). Glad we did. He was at our ship at the agreed time with our name on his sign. He is bright, friendly, helpful, and reliable. He takes no money until you are back at your ship. Well worth the $20 per person fee.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on NOS 12/04/2004 sailing of E. Carib. I had contacted Godfrey prior to the cruise and booked him for a 3 hour tour upon arrival.

Due to a miscommunication, he was about 1/2 hour late picking us up - but it was no problem for us. And everything worked out well.

He dropped us off first for some shopping, then took us to the mountain top with many stops along the way for photo ops and some history.

If you get a chance to visit St. Thomas, don't hesitate to contact Godfry and schedule him for a tour.....he's really GOOD.

As an aside: After Godfry dropped us off at the ship, we decided to take the "free" trolley over to Havensight(?) - the shopping area near the pier. It was free, as I said, and very much appreciated. We finished shopping by 3:30 and waited for the free trolley to return us to the ship. However, A "cab" came by and negotiated with several at the trolley stop to return them to the ship. He asked us if we wanted to go also and it would only be $10. I told him I preferred to wait for the trolley but if he could take us back for $5 for two people we'd go....he said we'd have to pay $10 for both of us so I told him we'd wait for the trolley. This cab driver told us that the trolley stopped running at 3:00!!!!! And that we'd better let him bring us back to the ship. I declined and he left in a huff. After waiting about another 5 minutes - the trolley rolled up - it hadn't stopped running as the cabbie said......so watch the cabbies around Havensight(?).

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Godfrey and his tour.. the only exception and I am suggesting to him he stop doing is recommending a Jeweler... I went to Godfreys recommended Jeweler and did make a purchase after being wined and dined and told that this ring was his own design.. OF course he gave me a Godfrey Price.. because we are Godfrey customers.. And I won't find this ring anywhere..

Well we stepped outside before buying and my husband and I knew..number one this was baloney.. so we decided what we thought the ring was worth.. and decided to buy what I liked knowing that no price on the island is necessarily the BEST price..

Sure enough the next day on St. Maarten the same ring with LARGER everything.. same setting was found on the French side... ( where the exchange with euro. is lousy..) for about the SAME price as my smaller version.. around a $200 difference.. so we figured that this guys price for the larger ring.. probably was not his best price... BUT HIS BEST PRICE FOR US!! :eek: LOL

So when buying on the island.. buy what you like and can afford.. and stop looking after that...or you'll make yourself sick!!LOL

Archived