Is 1.5 hours enough time to make Venice flight: Hilton to VCE

We will be staying at the Venice Hilton before a 10:30 flight. I think we can take the hotel shuttle to Zattere and then catch the red line Alilaguna from Zattere at 7:40. That will put us at the airport at 9:06, giving us about an hour and a half to make our flight. We are young and won't have a lot of luggage. We do not want to spend a ton of money just getting to the airport.

Will this be enough time?

Anyone who has stayed at the Hilton, could you please comment on the reliability of the 7am water shuttle?

Does this sound doable?

I could be wrong but my philosophy while traveling is "never assume anything will be completely on time." I know it's more expensive but with a water taxi you have the control. Which would cost you more, the water taxi or a missed flight? On the other hand, it could all work out perfectly. Only you know how much peace of mind is worth to you.

Thank you for your input! It would be awful to miss the flight. I wish the Hilton shuttle started running earlier, there is an early water bus that would be perfect- but we have to get across to San Marcos and swimming would be out of the question. :)

Archived