cruise line insurance

We thought we were going to run into to trouble but our claim went down smoothly. My daughters friend got mono early Feb and her parents felt uncomfortable with her going late March based on what their doc said. We followed there procedure by reporting the claim via phone, canceling her in the cabin via Royal, then once we got back from the cruise I got around to the paperwork a few weeks later. Without a hitch they sent a check for my daughters friend. Were still waiting on the single supplement increase part which is considered a separate claim but I have confidence it will be here any day. If they didn't ask questions about the mono I expect no problems. We will continue to use CruiseCare for most cruises, Alaska we might go elsewhere just because of the cost of the cruise, tour, air and extra days we have added precruise. We are not that old so it is a LOT cheaper to go with other companies.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has made a claim , how was it handled , and did you feel that you received what you paid for.

We had to cancel a cruise due to illness. We had the RC insurance and they paid very quickly. Just needed a dr note with claim.We did not get back the insurance premium which is normal.

This past January we were going on a cruise around Cape Horn, South America. We had an OS on Radiance and took the insurance with RCCL. We booked our own flights online and took the insurance, which by the way was the same as RCCL. We flew to Santiago, Chile, business class and toured Santiago and had a transfer the next day to Valparaiso. We boarded and found out that my Mother had passed away. We got off the ship, got a cab back to Santiago. It was a holiday in Chile and all the flights were full. We finally got one at at 2:00 a.m. to Mexico City. We got to Mexico City at 7:00 a.m. and could not leave there until 5:00p.m. We had origianlly flown out of Okla. City, but could only get a flight back to DFW. We flew to Dallas/Ft. Worth, rented a car and drove to Okla. City and then 3 hours home. Our flight from Santiago, economy class cost us $500.00 less the the round trip business class flight.

RCCL insurance paid the entire cost of the cruise. Our luggage was lost and it paid what I spent in Santiago to get a change of clothes and other things. Our flight was with Delta, but I booked it through Travelocity. They paid the entire cost of the return flight and Delta reimbursed the cost of the return flight, even though is was and nonrefundable flight.

We thought we were treated right. It was an expensive trip for us, staying in an OS and flying business. What we had to pay for was the cost of the flight to Santiago, which we used and some meals, tips, etc.

Also, if you are going out of the country check on you health insurance to make sure you are covered.

My daughter got a 102.1 fever and vomiting onboard on one of our cruises. We had to take her to the hospital on the ship. We paid in full at the time, and when we got home we submitted the form to the cruise insurance. They reimbursed us the entire amount, with no problems whatsoever. You just have to keep all your receipts and send them everything they request, and it's a piece of cake.

Archived