Kenai Fjords National Park boat tour questions

bilbo109

Anyone been on this boat tour? I understand I can stay in my wheelchair, but will I be able to get all around the boat? Will I be able to view all there is to see? Thanks!

I use a power w/c, no transfers.

-- Bob

Bob,

I was on that tour last year. Accessibility wasn't a concern for me, but as I remember, you would be inside in your chair, with glass sides. The open deck had a lip in the threshold. They do have several different boats, and it may not be the same on all.

I would recommend you call and ask them your questions. They are very helpful and will know whether you'll be able to get around.

We loved this tour, it was the highlight of our trip. I hope it works out for you, you'll love it.

Mona

Thanks, Mona. I'll give them another call. I'm trying to work this tour into my schedule. How did this compare with what you see on a big cruise ship? I'm on the RCCL Radiance from Seward to Vancouver.

-- Bob

We were able to get much closer to glaciers on this tour. Also, we saw a lot of sea life (tons of otters) and bird life. The captain pointed out to us whatever he saw.

You should also post your questions on the Alaska board. The folks over there are much more knowledgeable than I, and someone may have been on this tour within the last few weeks.

Good luck with your planning!

Mona

Archived