Tuxedo Rentals in Fort Lauderdale?

Cozzette2

I had been thinking about renting my husband a tux on board the Island to save hauling more luggage on the plane. I actually got some fed back about the quality of those tux's not being too good.

So, I am thinking about renting a tux in Fort Lauderdale. There is a place that caters to cruise customers so the rental time is 1-2 weeks.

We would just have him measured here and send on the measurements to the Ft. Lauderdale rental shop.

Has anyone gone with that option? I am trying to cut down on luggage but still want my hubby in a tux.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Kris

We did the rental through Cruiseline Formals sent them the measurements and the tux was waiting in our cabin upon arrival. This is the second time we have used them and have been happy both times with them.

Christine

My brother in law rented a tux through Princess and it was just fine. It fit well and was just perfect for the 2 formal nights.

We didn't think it looked any different than my husband's expensive Bill Blas tux.

What did you think of the quality of the tux? I heard they were really thin, did you find that to be true?

Kris

I've done it twice and found the quality to be fine and my room steward was able to get any adjustments made once I was on the boat. I carry on my own shoes. I just arranged one for another cruise, although this one is out of Whittier.

I would think the hassle of finding a shop in Ft Lauderdale would offset taking one with you when traveling.

We've used cruiseline formal on all 10 of our cruises (well, including the one we leave for in 4 days), and have always found the quality just fine. The couple of times we have minor issues, our room steward was able to resolve them very quickly and satisfactorily. And you can't beat the convenience of having the tux hanging in your closet when you arrive and leaving it there when you disembark. I definitely highly recommend them. Whatever you decide on, I hope you have a great cruise! :D

Kris,

You really won't need "extra luggage" for the tux.PACK SMART! You can purchase the jacket,slacks,shirt tie and vest,shoes and shirt hardware for under $150 at JCP! Fit is perfect and he can use it over and over. Don't waste your money on rentals.;)

My DH is a big man, and he was very happy with the fit and quality of the tux he rented from Princess on our last 3 cruises. It saved lots of room in the suitcase, and it was very convenient. The tux is there when you arrive, and your steward takes it away right after the last formal night.

Thanks all for the feed back. I feel alot better about renting on the ship, so much less hassel than finding the location of a tux shop in a new city.

Thanks, Kris

I'm sure you and your DH will be happy with the choice.

And, in case you don't have it, here's the web address.

http://www.cruiselineformal.com

You can order online or over the phone. You can either use their instructions to do a self-measurement, or just go to a local tux shop and get your measurements there. It's usually free, though I've usually given a small gratuity. ;)

Have fun! :D

I agree with the previous post,if you cruise alot it would make more since to just buy a tux.$150.00 at the most for everything.when you get on the ship just go to the laundry room and spend about 5 minutes with the iron and you are done,and then you have it for your next cruise.just my opinion

I agree with the previous post,if you cruise alot it would make more since to just buy a tux.$150.00 at the most for everything.when you get on the ship just go to the laundry room and spend about 5 minutes with the iron and you are done,and then you have it for your next cruise.just my opinion

If I ever get my weight to stabilize then this is a great idea! My problem is that I flucuate 30 pounds up or down depending on how good I've been (and how many cruises I have taken recently!!). It's always WAY more fun putting on the weight then taking it off! ;)

Archived