Prices gone up?

El_Rolfo

Hi, long time lurker, been reading the forum since last year, now it's time to post. :)

Been reading the threads about price drops, but too bad it seems the cruise I'm interested is only going up? Both the Island's and the Coral's 14-15 day panama canal cruises seem to have gone up about 20% since last week? And I've yet to book it. :( Being european, I can't book through the "standard" TA:s that most of you people use, so I'm stuck with only a couple options. Feel free to recommend TA:s in europe though, if any of you happen to know something about them. Or is that maybe considered spam? Dunno.

I turned 30 this year, and was considering this my birthday present for myself. :) A friend of mine is also joining me who is the same age as me, think we'll gonna drag down the average age alot? =)

Welcome to you first post on CC!

Prices often reflect the supply vs the demand. While some cruises definitely drop in price, others increase. No way to tell which ones will go up, which will go down, until it happens. :(

As for recommending a travel agent, can't do that here, against the CC board rules to discuss TA's by name or agency.

Best of luck though, I hope you find a good price soon. ;)

Our Panama Canal cruise, which we booked first part of April has come down. We originally booked as past passenger and saved $1100.00 from the Princess website for the total cruise. Now it's the same price for everyone. No past passenger reduction???????? Go figure.

It's very possible that prices have gone up. Most of the price drops that you've probably read about are for Alaska, where pricing has gone down due to too many ships and berths available. That will change for 2010 as every cruiseline is cutting back on the number of ships and sailings for next year. Occasionally, you'll see a brief drop in prices but most often, pricing goes up, particularly for popular cruises.

Thanks for the replies! Too bad I can't use a us-based TA for booking princess cruises. :( Many of the cruise lines have denied american TAs from letting non-americans book via them it seems. Too bad. Wonder if I could let a friend of mine from the us book em for us. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies! Too bad I can't use a us-based TA for booking princess cruises. :( Many of the cruise lines have denied american TAs from letting non-americans book via them it seems. Too bad. Wonder if I could let a friend of mine from the us book em for us. :rolleyes:

All you need is a friends address in the USA and then book online with any of the US based travel agents.

Hi, long time lurker, been reading the forum since last year, now it's time to post. :)

Been reading the threads about price drops, but too bad it seems the cruise I'm interested is only going up? Both the Island's and the Coral's 14-15 day panama canal cruises seem to have gone up about 20% since last week? And I've yet to book it. :( Being european, I can't book through the "standard" TA:s that most of you people use, so I'm stuck with only a couple options. Feel free to recommend TA:s in europe though, if any of you happen to know something about them. Or is that maybe considered spam? Dunno.

I turned 30 this year, and was considering this my birthday present for myself. :) A friend of mine is also joining me who is the same age as me, think we'll gonna drag down the average age alot? =)

I am planning a South America cruise next year and when checking Princess site in UK noticed a fairly big increase . That was yesterday 1st June but on looking again today it appears to be back to the original price.

Hope this helps

Iain

And bookings must have address that is on one's passport.

Is this true? I don't have my passport in front of me, but what you are saying is that if you move, you would have to get a new passport?

What about a person working in a foreign country?

Doesn't sound right to me.

For U.S. travel agencies check this link http://www.cruisecritic.com/shipshop/

Some of these have group space available often at more attractive fares than can be had elswhere.

jasl - Do you have to contact these agencies for better prices - the (few) I've checked on the website aren't noticeably better than the prices I get directly with Princess?? thanks, Ken

Archived