Bringing Soda/juice for kids

lilone

Hi Everyone,

I want to save on cost and not get the soda cards for our four children. I was thinking about bringing a small suitcase with the drink of choice for everyone. My 6 year old likes capri suns and my teens drink soda. Has anyone ever done this? Did it work out fine or did you still end up paying for soda. I figure if they drink up everything we bring then they will drink the FREE stuff the ship provides.

Just thinking of ways to cut back on cost with our family of 6.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

That's a good option, assuming you aren't flying with a suitcase full of liquid!!!

Most lines don't care about non-alcoholic drinks.

We did a 10 nighter and only bought 3 cans of soda the entire trip--hubby and I split 1 can at meals a couple of times.... They cost in the $2 range per can.

There's plenty of included drinks....iced tea, lemonade, sometimes, fruit punch, juices with breakfast (take some back to your room, if you wish), water....

I am trying to figure out why you would bring it if the ship provides it free? sort of ;)

The lemonade Carnival has is a good alternative to capri sun. I never buy the soda card. I never buy the soda for me or my kids. We never need to bring drinks. :)

I think you can still save money just by drinking what the ship has, no need for the rest. And if your teen wants soda, tell him to bring his own money. :D

You can bring on juice, soda, water, etc. Cruise lines draw the line with alcohol. Our experience on RCCL was that they offered "juice" but it wasn't really juice (maybe 10%). We much preferred to bring on 100% juice products. We packed juice, water and soda in a bag (we didn't have to fly but if flying, you could stop by a store before boarding) and it worked out well. We had an empty bag at the end of our trip to put all of our acquired "junk" into.

We always bring single-size Crystal Lite To Go packs that can be mixed with water. Each person in our family has their own 20 oz refillable sports bottle. So--we each get to pick and choose what flavor Crystal Lite we want. And--the kids will also occasionally fill their sports bottles with the juice/punch drinks from the buffet.

Also, we will bring (1) 2L bottle of Diet Mt Dew for DH and I. That will last us the whole week, and satisfy our post-beach soda cravings. Mind you, we live in FL and drive to the port, so it's easy for us to travel with a 2L bottle of soda.

CeleBrat

I know they offer lemonade and tea but for 7 days the kids will be tired of the same drink. I know I was glad that I packed my soda of choice on the two cruises we've been on.

Since we are driving to the port I think that we will have one suitcase with our beverages then we use it for souvenirs at the end of our cruise.

Thanks everyone

We take travel mugs/bottles and stock up on pass-o-guava and OJ for the room. Between the tea and lemonade, that is more than enough to keep them happy. You can always order juices or milk through room service. Personally, I wouldn't bother lugging that stuff; the lighter you can travel, the easier it is.

Archived