Are you a Super-Taster/Medium-Taster/Non-Taster?

ehfl

There's a lot of discussion here about food on Carnival vs other lines. But food opinions without context are meaningless.

There are basically 3 types of people when it comes to food. So which are you? A super-taster, medium-taster, or non-taster? Let us know, and then tell us how you like the food on Carnival.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supertaster#Identifying_a_supertaster

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/body/articles/senses/supertaster.shtml

I've always considered myself a supertaster. Things do not taste the same to me as what they do to everyone else I know. It's not necessarily being picky, it's things taste horrible, salty, bitter etc.

Most of Carnivals food was ok, the chicken parm was really good, some was nasty. Other then the chicken there were maybe 2 or 3 things I really liked. I was very happy to get home to my own cooking.

Dh on the other hand loved it all and thinks the food is awesome.

I am a super taster. It took me many years to figure that out. I am also a superfeeler. My fingertips are far more sensitive than most. One of my sons is too and we think the food on Carnival for the most part is fine. Sometimes better than others. I can still taste a steak I had Jan 2007 and I have cruised about a dozen times since then.

I'm more of a medium taster. I know what I like, but am not super picky. Carnival's food is fine with me, with some of it very good. The warm chocolate melting cake is better than good! I found that the beef I had was somewhat overcooked, so had to make sure to order prime rib or steaks one notch less done than I normally would. Maybe it's just me, or the particular chef on that ship.

My guess is I am at least in part a supertaster - I HATE, and I mean HATE bitter foods like coffee and chocolate (not enough sugar in the world to mask the bitter) and can't stand soda. Other things on the list I do like.

I stay away from the things that I don't like and as a whole find the food to be quite good.

There's a lot of discussion here about food on Carnival vs other lines. But food opinions without context are meaningless.

There are basically 3 types of people when it comes to food. So which are you? A super-taster, medium-taster, or non-taster? Let us know, and then tell us how you like the food on Carnival.

I think I must be a hyper-taster, I find most of the food somewhat plain, but realize that most people don't like the extremes I do. None of Carnival's food is unpleasant, but to me it's far from being gourmet.

One thing I really liked on our recent Splendor cruise is the Tandoori station. Nice blends of spices, decent amount of heat where appropriate, another positive effort was the rotisserie station, simple and well executed. Tacos burritos and other offerings were bland to me, but that's my problem.

Archived