Taxi van from VYR

Hi Everyone, From reading the Vancouver threads I'm aware of the options to get from the airport to downtown. On the VYR website under transportation it states it is possible to go just to the taxi line and request a mini van or a 4 door sedan. My question is how realistic is this? And the charge for a taxi to downtown is listed as $23-$26 (inclusive of all taxes) under normal conditions. There is no mention of an extra charge for a mini van. Does anyone know if there is an extra charge? There are 4 of us arriving in Vancouver 9/10/09. One of our party has some difficulty getting around so the Airporter and the new express opening in September would not be for us.

Thanks in advance for your replies. mems

Hi Everyone, From reading the Vancouver threads I'm aware of the options to get from the airport to downtown. On the VYR website under transportation it states it is possible to go just to the taxi line and request a mini van or a 4 door sedan. My question is how realistic is this? And the charge for a taxi to downtown is listed as $23-$26 (inclusive of all taxes) under normal conditions. There is no mention of an extra charge for a mini van. Does anyone know if there is an extra charge? There are 4 of us arriving in Vancouver 9/10/09. One of our party has some difficulty getting around so the Airporter and the new express opening in September would not be for us.

Thanks in advance for your replies. mems

I am told that about 7 or 8% of the taxi fleet is mini-vans so yes it is quite possible to request one for 4 people...I haven't seen a full sized cab like a crown-victoria in Vancouver for a few years. A mini-van is the same price as any other cab but $23 to $26 is optimistic. I would say $30/$35 plus tip depending on the time of day. I was about $33 three weeks ago going the other way in the morning against traffic.

I am told that about 7 or 8% of the taxi fleet is mini-vans so yes it is quite possible to request one for 4 people...I haven't seen a full sized cab like a crown-victoria in Vancouver for a few years. A mini-van is the same price as any other cab but $23 to $26 is optimistic. I would say $30/$35 plus tip depending on the time of day. I was about $33 three weeks ago going the other way in the morning against traffic.

We have them out in the burbs (I think I saw a Coquitlam Taxi Crown Vic the other day), but PD is right in saying most cabs are small cars, with the Toyota Prius and Toyota Corolla being the most popular.

Archived