Opinions please?

MrOCT31

I'm looking at 2 cruises for my family next spring break. One is the 6 day out of Ft Lauderdale that's goes to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios on the Freedom or the 5 day out of Miami that goes to Grand Turk, and Half Moon, and Nassau on the Destiny. I've been to Jamaica myself many years ago and it was fine then, and I'm going to Nassau in November for a qickie weekend trip. Any advise on pros or cons or whatever for either of these would be appreciated as I just can't seem to decide which sounds better. I'm thinking the shorter one would be more of a beach cruise and tend to lean toward that one since we went to Progresso and Cozumel this year and didn't get as much beach time as they do when we go to Hawaii but that's to be expected!

I'm looking at 2 cruises for my family next spring break. One is the 6 day out of Ft Lauderdale that's goes to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios on the Freedom or the 5 day out of Miami that goes to Grand Turk, and Half Moon, and Nassau on the Destiny. I've been to Jamaica myself many years ago and it was fine then, and I'm going to Nassau in November for a qickie weekend trip. Any advise on pros or cons or whatever for either of these would be appreciated as I just can't seem to decide which sounds better. I'm thinking the shorter one would be more of a beach cruise and tend to lean toward that one since we went to Progresso and Cozumel this year and didn't get as much beach time as they do when we go to Hawaii but that's to be expected!

The Destiny is the only time I picked a cruise because of the ports and was not dissapointed

Thanks for the replies! I too am more of a where is the ship docking then what ship I'm on, heck my last cruise was on the Ectasy not exactly top of the line and I still liked it a lot! So far the small majority it voting in favor of the GT, HMC, Nass vs Key, GC, OR stops?

Here's another vote for HMC, Grand Turk and Nassau. We loved the Destiny last December and Nassau isn't that bad if you get out of the stinky downtown area (we really tried to like it, but sorry it is stinky). Hop in a $4 taxi and go to Cabbage Beach.

While I am not a fan of Ocho Rios, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cayman. Nothing tops that place. Heaven on Earth! Key west has the best frozen key lime pies on a stick. Well worth the stop.

I have no info about the ship, but I am soon to find out myself.

Never been to HMC or Grand Turk and I think Nassau/Freeport is the biggest waste of a port.

Yeah I think I'd love Cayman as well. I might have to wait and do the Cayman, Belize, Isla, Coz trip as I'm not to real fond of going to Jamaica again and Key West just doesn't excite me. Sort of how I'd feel if one of my ports was Catalina here in So Cal, maybe it's the feeling of "it's still the US and I could drive there" as far as the Keys goes, I dunno.

Having only been to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Grand Turk out of the ports you listed, I'd choose the Freedom in a heartbeat. One more day and much more variety with plenty of beach time if that's what you want.

You didn't mention the age of your children-you said family so I assumed children. I love half moon cay and grand turk and in Nassau you can go to Atlantis to the aquaraium. My vote is the Destiny. I feel these ports are more family pleasing.

Having been to all those ports, I would opt for Destiny.... probably some of the prettiest ports I've been to, and when I came home, I actually felt relaxed and like I'd been on vacation, not running a marathon!:D

I, too, was deciding between the same two and I chose Freedom. Although I've been to GC and Jamaica, the kids havn't and thought they might be a bit more interesting than the other just "beachy" stops. Plus I love GC! Personal preference...also I prefer the newer ship. All that together and alas...Freedom!

I guess the right answer is to go on both!:D

I do like the idea of the longer one, but really it's only a day and it's a sea day at that.

Kids will be 14, 12, 9 and they've never been to any of those places. My feeling is to go with the Freedom cruise only because I'll have just been in Nassau 6 months earlier and not that it should matter but maybe the other cruise would be better for us so soon after and the kids won't know either way, they just wanna go somewhere fun with beaches!

I want to go to the Turks as much as I want to go to Grand Cayman but I guess that'll leave something to look foward to next year!

Hey Carnival where's the GC, Turks, St Marteen itnerary cruise! Yeah that would work!

Archived