Renewing Vows

zhuskers1

Booked on Solstice in January for our 35th anniversary.

Anyone ever participated in the Celebrity renewing your vows ceremony? They offered two versions. The more expensive one includes the Captain.

Any advice or experiences appreciated.

My Mom & Dad (he's my stepfather technically) renewed their vows for their 25th on The Explorer of the Seas (a Royal Caribbean ship) back in 2001. It was really nice. However, they didn't have the captain of the ship do it (they were told that the captain only did weddings). I would book the captain. Then, it's much more like you're marrying again since ship captains can marry people.

We renewed onboard Solstice in March with Captain Skylogiannis; it was the most beautiful ceremony I could have imagined. They do a remarkable job, and just ...well, I can't find the words to express it, but I was absolutely thrilled! Also, I had surprised my husband with it; he reads Cruise Critic but not the roll calls and our friends from Cruise Critic attended. We had spent sailaway, a great cabin crawl and Cruise Critic get together with them, as well as the many fun hours on the roll call boards. Between everything that the ship did and our new dear friends, it couldn't have been a more special day! If you want to see pictures or ask me any questions, feel free. I can send you the link to our snapfish pictures that some of our CruiseCritic friends took (I still haven't scanned in the ones that the ship's photographer from "Deep Blue Studios took; they are wonderful too!).

The link to our pics is

http://solsticecaribbeantomandjo.shutterfly.com/

These are the ones that our CC friends took. The cake was inlcuded by the ship. YUM!!! White cake with fresh raspberries. For the ceremony, we had some input, mostly worked on once we were onboard with the event coordinator, Kim Heroux, who was wonderful to work with! They are amenable to anyrequests that you may have. The ceremony was held in Michael's Club, with the ship providing the flowers, pillars, etc. The boutinerre and my bouquet were also part of the package.

Archived