Mediterranean or Caribbean on RCL???

ktk77

Hi all!

I know this will be a tough question to answer but here's the scenario...

After looking into it, it's impossible to get married on a Mediterranean cruise (for a Canadian anyhow) due to residency requirements in each European country. So the options are:

a - get married simply at home at city hall or something, then leave on our fabulous East Med cruise. (here, parents would be present at the vow exchange)

b - take a cruise to southern Carib. instead and get married in St. Thomas (just the 2 of us)

We have never been on a cruise before, and fiance has never been to Europe and would like to go. Budget is 9-10k max. either scenario. Hope that would cover Med cruise and excursions and alcohol!!!

I always envisioned getting married on the beach, but I'm just not sure we'd be satisifed with the Caribbean cruise. We're more foodies, culture, activities people... than beach people. I realize there's lots to do in the Carib. too but think they'd be more water based activities and we're both super pale and burn easily!

Oh and the timing would be June 2010.

What would you do????

To keep it simple, I'd get married first in a small ceremony at home and then go all out on the honeymoon in the Med. Sounds as if you really don't want to go to the Caribbean. If you aren't beach people, I'd cross this off my list.

Why spend all your money paying a coordinator, etc., when you could use it to really enjoy yourself. You certainly could pay for everything with the amount you are naming.

My wife and I got married in Ft. Lauderdale (we live in Europe) but investigate getting married in Italy or Spain. You are correct that is more difficult than in the US or Canada.

Just a remark that may help you decide. If you want full control over your wedding. You do NOT want to get married on a cruise-ship. We loved our cruise wedding and were happy with options we were given but as I said full control is not an option.

It hard to say anything about the budget but roughly: $1200 for the airline, $2500 for the cruise $300 for a pre- and post-cruise hotel night. That leaves about $6000 for booze... You are cutting it close :p

No just kidding.. I think it is possible to get either one of those options with your budget.

Based on you info I would say you would be most happy with a local wedding and a european honeymoon.

Archived