Laptop charge ?

alwysonvctn

Does anyone know how NCL charges for use of their internet service if I bring my own laptop? Is it even possible? Can I use my own wireless receiver thing? Do they charge the normal .75 per min even when I am on my own computer?

Yes, you can use your own laptop with their wireless service on most ships, and of course there IS a charge. I am not familiar with the charge for the wireless, as i have only used their machines.

Does anyone know how NCL charges for use of their internet service if I bring my own laptop? Is it even possible? Can I use my own wireless receiver thing? Do they charge the normal .75 per min even when I am on my own computer?

Same rates but far more economical to bring your own laptop since you can prepare your emails off line and download new mail. You will use far fewer minutes.

http://www.ncl.com/more/internet_cafe.htm

250 minutes $100

100 minutes $55

33 minutes $25

Wireless card - $10 per day (if required)

Wireless card Insurance - $3.00 per day (optional)*

Thanks again, one more question, for those that have used it, would you compare the conection speed to dieal up or cable?

considering that it's wireless connection then via sattellite, it's actually not that bad. Somewhere around a slooow cable modem, but faster than dial up (unless you get hung up).

Archived