Need help. Pedi-pants?

Willie T

Does anyone remember these? I want some to wear with summer dresses. The point is to keep cool, but cover what needs to be covered. A slip under a dress is not cool.

Anyone know who sells them? Or I was thinking something like "granny panties" (sorry grannies, I'am one too). The long legged undies.

Saw them online at Penney's, but kinda spendy I thought.

I bought a pair for our last cruise and I loved them. I remembered the pair I had in high school [ back in the late 60's] and they do keep you cool with a dress.

I can't remember if it was Lillian Vernan or Carol Wright, I get stuff from both. The ones on the shopping site above look really cute and reasonable though.. I think you are on the right track, I sure like mine.

Kris

So, basically, it's a slip, but more like culottes (spelling????)? In the "olden" days, they were called "bloomers"!

Exactly, I love to wear them with sundresses especially in a warm climate, they keep your legs from getting sweaty and rubbing [ or maybe that is just my issue:eek:] Kris

Does anyone remember these? I want some to wear with summer dresses. The point is to keep cool, but cover what needs to be covered. A slip under a dress is not cool.

Anyone know who sells them? Or I was thinking something like "granny panties" (sorry grannies, I'am one too). The long legged undies.

Saw them online at Penney's, but kinda spendy I thought.

The thought of you in grannie pants is just tooooooooooo hilarious but I do love those little petti pants too .. I remember them well and hadn't thought of them for years .. what a great reminder!!!

Pettipants. ! never heard that. I have been looking for tap pants. that is what I thought they were called

I bought bike shorts, but too thick, I bought the longer spanxy type thing but too hot for summer. love the look of some of those, think nylon would still be to hot for caribbean but going to try.

anyone else have a childish husband who like to flip up skirt when they think no one is around, but there always is :eek: or is is just me married to a 9th grader.

Pettipants. ! never heard that. I have been looking for tap pants. that is what I thought they were called

There's a bunch of John Water's Movies where they call them that...

From The original Hairspray:

Mr. Pinky: Tracy Turnblad!

Welcome to the Hefty Hideaway house of fashion...

for the ample woman. Hi, l'm Mr. Pinky.

Edna: Mr. Pinky, l'm Tracy's business manager, Edna Turnblad.

Mr. Pinky: Well, it's a pleasure to meet the both of you.

Here, we cater to the big-boned gals like yourself...

who are stylish and at the same time frustrated...

by the lack of sizes in the department stores today.

l saw you on TV. l want you to be my model!

Edna: Would she be paid for this?

Mr. Pinky: One free outfit a month.

You start tomorrow.

l hope there's no diets in the works...

because l want to design...

your Miss Auto Show coronation gown myself!

Edna: Could you throw in a pair...

of complimentary pettipants in the deal?

Mr. Pinky: You drive a hard bargain, Miss Edna, and rightfully so.

Pettipants, pettigirdle--

you just let Tracy take her pick.

Edna: How about a fabulous frock just for me?

Mr. Pinky: Tracy'll have to work one extra day for free.

Tracy: lt's a deal! Thank you, Mr. Pinky.

Mr. Pinky: l'm going to make you a star!

anyone else have a childish husband who like to flip up skirt when they think no one is around, but there always is :eek: or is is just me married to a 9th grader.

Ahhh, when I wear my Formal Kilt on cruises, do you now how many adult ladies act like 7th graders and try to flip up my kilt!?!?:eek::p:D

And they're not even married to me.:o

I'm allergic to wool so I buy "pettipants" to wear under unlined pants in the winter. It's just like wearing a slip under a skirt and they also make tailored unlined pants hang better. The ones I bought were ankle length but were "adjustable" by about six inches because they had lace bands at the bottom so you could cut off a band or two to get to your proper length without hemming. I found them online and they were relatively inexpensive.

Exactly, I love to wear them with sundresses especially in a warm climate, they keep your legs from getting sweaty and rubbing [ or maybe that is just my issue:eek:] Kris

;)It's not just your issue - lol - I also wear one of these with summer dresses to prevent chafing. My "cullotte slips" solve the problem and are comfortable. I have them in both tan and black.

Hi DoggieDash!

I have a couple of these. I've worn them under fitted slacks and yoga pants. How the heck do you keep them from rolling up? They won't stay down! I now wear a capri length panty hose underneath.

Hi DoggieDash!

I have a couple of these. I've worn them under fitted slacks and yoga pants. How the heck do you keep them from rolling up? They won't stay down! I now wear a capri length panty hose underneath.

Hey Beanie! :)

I actually bought my cotton ones like this in a hurry from a cheap store called DEB for $3/pair when I had to find something to wear under my white kitty cat halloween costume. The ones I got from DEB are extremely comfy and have lasted forever, so I figured that a good brand like VS would do the same.

I did have a pair of lace ones from VS and they never rolled up. I'm not sure what to tell you :confused:.

Wow!! Pettipants -- what a blast from the past. These were so popular back in the early 60's when I was in elementary school. The girls all wanted to play on the Jungle Gym or, as we called them, the Monkeybars and because we all wore dresses, pettipants were all the rage! Do a search for "Pettipants" at amazon.com. There are tons to choose from and all price ranges, styles and materials (i.e., cotton, nylon, etc.). HTH

Archived