cabin C327 or C601 in exchange for C107

dynamitedeb

Hi there, we are on the 30 aug Mini Cruise to Bruges on Ventura and were originally booked into cabin C107. After reading several post I realised that being midship may be preferable to avoid sea sickness. We have been offered the above 2 choices but have got to make a decision soon-- Has anyone stayed in any of the 3 mentioned cabins and have they all got the same balconies, room size etc-- which would you choose?? thanks for your help

Either cabin will be fine, they are in a much better position than your original C107. C327 is far enough away from the launderette to avoid the noise but not too far to go should you wish to use it. All the cabins on the sides of C deck are identical and have the large balconies.

I've done a 12-night cruise in C325 (next door to C327), and it was fine.

But I honestly think you'll only notice significant ship movement if it's really stormy, and if that happens then all the cabins will be rockin' and rollin'. I think this advice about cabins amidships being more stable is less true now than heretofore: ships are much, much bigger and in normal conditions react much less to individual waves, etc, than when ships were <20,000 tons. My view is that a huge ship such as Ventura is normally very stable, certainly as regards pitching. With all that height she's perhaps more likely to roll than pitch, in which case all cabins are equally affected.

I think for a couple days I would not worry too much.

Yes probably right-being picky but as its husbands 50th wanted best possible cabin --- we are getting off ventura and boarding independence on 2nd Sept so wanted to compare the 2 - especially as both sail from southampton and we are sick of airports-thanks for your help

I've done a 12-night cruise in C325 (next door to C327), and it was fine.

But I honestly think you'll only notice significant ship movement if it's really stormy, and if that happens then all the cabins will be rockin' and rollin'. I think this advice about cabins amidships being more stable is less true now than heretofore: ships are much, much bigger and in normal conditions react much less to individual waves, etc, than when ships were <20,000 tons. My view is that a huge ship such as Ventura is normally very stable, certainly as regards pitching. With all that height she's perhaps more likely to roll than pitch, in which case all cabins are equally affected.

Thanks, we were on Independence last year , which is even bigger-It was very stable for most of our cruise but I still felt it move (ever so slightly) was midship- lots of posts advised to keep away from front and back if seasickness is issue--- thought I had better not take the chance-- hopefully we will be having too good a time to notice any roll!!! We are going straight back on Independence on 2 sept -after we get off Ventura on 1st sept!!! so it will be good to compare the 2- they are both beautiful ships and both sail from southampton which is so much better than flying-- thanks for your help

Either cabin will be fine, they are in a much better position than your original C107. C327 is far enough away from the launderette to avoid the noise but not too far to go should you wish to use it. All the cabins on the sides of C deck are identical and have the large balconies.

thanks for that-- looking forward to the large balconies- we have now opted for C327-- thanks again

Archived