Any missed flights after debarkation?????

Cookie2boys

Just wondering and was curious who has missed flights after debarkation and the reason you missed your flight....example being having a flight before noon or shipped getting back to port late. This just may encourage me to book a later flight. Going on Splendor and only choice I have is a 12:50 pm or a 10:50 pm (which gets me home the next day). There are no flights in between those times to get me back to the east coast.

We missed our flight on our very first cruise. I think we had a 1pm flight. The reason being was we could not get off ship because they had found something under the ship and had to send in divers. Ended up being nothing but what a pain. Missed flight by only 30 minutes or so. We were lucky they got us all (5) on the next flight out which happened to be late that evening! So all 5 of us camped on the floor at the Miami airport all day. From then on we take the lastest flight we can get and do some sight seeing if we have time. So no worries about misssing flight!

We missed our flight after a cruise on NCL. We had a bad storm coming up the coast back to New York. We didn't dock in New York until almost 11am. By the time we disembarked and got our bags it was too late to catch our 1am flight from Newark (40 minute shuttle ride away). We ended up stranded in New York until my fiances parents drove down from Ontario to pick us up and drive us back.

On the Valor in Miami last year there was a screw up with Customs and we didn't start debarkation until after 1pm.........Made for a really bad ending to a great cruise.......we were about to starve to death cause they put all the breakfast food away around 10, started to set up the Lido for the embarkation buffet but wouldn't let any of us have anything to eat.

If we hadn't don't Express Luggage we would have missed our flight. As it was we FINALLY got through customs caught a cab went right through security at the airport and directly onto our plane.

With Express Luggage you not only don't have to mess with bags, but Carnival prints your boarding pass and checks you in for your flight so there were no delays once we got to the airport. It's a good thing we were flying 1st class and the stewardess was able to give me a snack as soon as I boarded. I was shaking my blood sugar was so low..........

Lesson Learned. Now I never travel without nutrition bars in my carry on. Enough to last me at least 24 hours.

After reading the many threads about flights after a cruise, I wonder if we are the only ones to add a day AFTER our cruise as well as coming in a day early. It seems as if most week long cruises leave on Saturday and return the following Saturday. If you come in on the Friday (or Thursday) before the cruise to start your vacation, why not wait until Sunday to fly home. Gives you an extra day to regain your "land legs" and you do not stress about making your flight home.

Just think, another day in the sun, with a pool that is not overrun by kids (and is usually warmer than the ship's pool) and no stress.

Plus the hotel may actually be cheaper than the night before a cruise, and your flights will probably be so too.

So. I am starting the "STAY AN EXTRA DAY AFTER THE CRUISE" movement.

:)

After reading the many threads about flights after a cruise, I wonder if we are the only ones to add a day AFTER our cruise as well as coming in a day early. It seems as if most week long cruises leave on Saturday and return the following Saturday. If you come in on the Friday (or Thursday) before the cruise to start your vacation, why not wait until Sunday to fly home. Gives you an extra day to regain your "land legs" and you do not stress about making your flight home.

Just think, another day in the sun, with a pool that is not overrun by kids (and is usually warmer than the ship's pool) and no stress.

Plus the hotel may actually be cheaper than the night before a cruise, and your flights will probably be so too.

So. I am starting the "STAY AN EXTRA DAY AFTER THE CRUISE" movement.

:)

.....we do the same thing most of the time. A day early and a day late is the way to go.

:D

wasiii

Missed our flight by 3 minutes. Lesson learned...do not take the debark color or number that you are given. Go to the Guest Relations desk and ask for the first independent debark number or do self assist if you have a flight before 1pm.

David

They say do not book before 1pm. This past Sunday the Splendor had gangway problems and no one was off the ship until almost 10. LAX is about a half hour away, another 15min to get to your terminal and then check in and security.

Have you checked our other local airports: Long Beach, Orange (SNA), Burbank (BUR) or Ontario (ONT)? They might have better times. Long Beach is close, BUR and ONT are an hour aray and SNA is in between those timewise.

I book late flights just in case there is a problem with debarkation. We've never actually HAD a problem, but I am too much of a worryer to take the risk of even an early afternoon flight. I book flights after 3 PM. Some may think I'm crazy, but I would rather do that than take a chance on missing my flight.

Archived