Visas for Vietnam, Cambodia, Bangkok & Singapore

shepsm001

Booked the 1/09/10 sailing from HKG to SIN. I know no visa is needed for HKG but what about the other ports? Are visa's needed for (Vietnam, Cambodia, Bankok and Singapore) and if so, does Azamara sell these on board and how much? This question was not answered on a previous thread and I am sure a number of us need a reply.

Thanks for your responses!

I have no idea what Azamara might do, but I do live in SE asia so I know the visa policies for these countries (at least as it relates to us citizens entering by air).

No visa is needed for americans to visit Thailand or Singapore. You can get a visa on arrival in cambodia. They cost $20 at the airport.

Vietnam is trickier - there are no visas on arrival for americans. You must apply for one ahead of time through the vietnamese embassy in Washington. Vietnam is fascinating, and it's well worth the hassle to get a visa as an inexpensive insurance policy in case the cruise line can't get one for you.

On our trip this year all visas were got on board - as I recall the Cambodian one was $25 each and the Vietnam $40. It was very easy, forms were delivered to your room and you returned them to Guest Relations. They take your passport from you on embarkation so they have them at each port to make available to the immigration officials if required. Passports were available for collection from Geust relations just before our final desitation, all very safe indeed This was so easy and so efficient

Archived