Guide for Chichen Itza etc. tour from Canun

Fletcher921

My daughter and I will be staying at Cancun Lagunamar in a few weeks, then staying one night in Valladolid before flying home from Merida the following day. We had planned on taking the Uno or Ado bus between the cities and then hiring a driver or taking a tour to see Chichen Itza once we dropped our luggage at the Valladolid B&B www.casahamaca.com.

How reasonable an idea is it to hire a private tour of the area from Cancun on our check-out day and just having tour us around, and then drop us off in Valladolid on the return? How much is expected to pay for a party of two? We are traveling light, I would imagine our luggage would be safe with the driver, yes?

To save some $$, are there maybe any organized tours that you know of that see the area with a "last stop" at or right near Valladolid - maybe we could just ask them to leave us there...

Can any of you recommend a particular guide or company that you have been really happy with?

Thank you for the help.

Babs

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was extremely happy with Cancun Line's tour, guided by Felipe (although I didn't get anything more than that for his name). and we had stayed a little further down the zone at the Westin Regina. Our trip took us to Chíchen Itzá via Valladolid, so stopping and dropping you off there shouldn't be a problem, except perhaps for your luggage. Good luck!

We had planned on taking the Uno or Ado bus between the cities and then hiring a driver or taking a tour to see Chichen Itza once we dropped our luggage at the Valladolid B&B www.casahamaca.com.

You won't be able to use the UNO or ADO-GL buses to or from Valladolid as they operate express between Cancun and Merida; you'll have to take the regular ADO service there. All three lines are part of the same organization, and all provide very good service. When you're travelling between Cancun and Merida the journey is only a few hours and the ADO-GL service is probably sufficient without having to upgrade all the way to UNO (though the additional comfort and service on UNO is quite nice . . . espcecially on overnight journeys).

Archived