No more Dutch Night?

Krazy Kruizers

I think it is a wonderful tradition and a nice way for staff members to let you know you are important to them.

I hate to belabor it (everyone knows I never do such a thing:rolleyes: ), but I'm still confused. Many people here are saying there is no Dutch night and no hats.

And I'm just saying that we just cruised on the Oosterdam 11/7 and while they called it International Night, we all got the the plain white Dutch hats and the men got the black ones. So they are definitely still giving out hats on some ships.

Possibly they're just using up what they have, but I definitely got one.

Heather-

We had Dutch Night on the Noordam and it was called Dutch Night... It does seem confusing, I was having the same confusion with topic about purchasing menu packs - I've never been charged for them, some posters say they are charged and some aren't - same with the Dutch Night... very inconsistent and confusing, imo.

We just returned December 6 on Statendam and DID have the Dutch hats. I can't remember if it was advertised as such but we came home with the hats to give our granddaughter. They still had baked Alaska and the parade of waiters.

Georgia

We had our painted hats framed and I have it on our livingroom wall, near the chinese painting of our name. Some of the nicest artwork has been made by crew on our cruises. I love it all, and the people we meet are wonderful. I will miss the hats.

Archived