Rays, Reef, and Rum Point !

PinkJellyFish06

I am going to be in Grand Cayman in just a few weeks. We are thinking about going on the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour with Nativeway. Can anybody give me more information about this? All of the reviews I have read have been pretty good so far! Also, it says on their website that it cost $62.50 for each adult, does this include lunch?

I have not been on this tour, but I have read a lot about it. We are considering it in Nov. Nativeway does include lunch on this tour. You order from the menu on the boat and when you get to Rum Point your lunch is waiting. Others have stated that the food is good and large portions.

I am going to be in Grand Cayman in just a few weeks. We are thinking about going on the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour with Nativeway. Can anybody give me more information about this? All of the reviews I have read have been pretty good so far! Also, it says on their website that it cost $62.50 for each adult, does this include lunch?

We did this tour in 2006 and LOVED it! You started with snorkeling at the reef, went over to the sand bar for some swimming with the sting rays (where you could feed, hold & get a "hug" from the sting rays) and then headed to Rum Point for a lunch (which they ordered via radio from the boat after you choose from the menu). On the trip back from Rum Point to the pier they even stopped and one of the crew members dove into the water and got each family a fresh conch, showed us how to clean, eat (if you wanted to) and preserve the shell!

We are going back to Grand Cayman in February & look forward to booking another tour with NativeWay.

Wanda

We did this tour a couple of years ago. It was a great tour, the price was reasonable and the service was excellent. The boat was decent sized and not crowded like the cattle cars the cruise lines contract with. I highly recommend Nativeway. We are going back to Grand Cayman in December and will most likely book with them again.

I don't remember the exact choices for lunch but it was standard stuff. I think it was a choice of three or four items - burger, chicken, etc. The beauty of Rum Point completely overshadows any memory I have of what I ate there.

Thanks for all of the advice.

Yesterday I went to the Nativeway website & fillled out the form for the Rays, Reef, & Rumpoint. I still havent heard anything from them.

Can anybody tell me how long it usually takes for them to get back to you?

Sharon at Nativeway is usually very prompt to answer. I have seen a couple of posts where it has taken a couple of days and even a second email. The tour is definitely worth the wait.

Bases5, ice tea and water are served with lunch but there is a full cash bar. Mixed drinks run about $10 US.

It's a great tour...it was the highlight of our cruise.

Archived