7 Mile Beach

PinkJellyFish06

Can anybody tell me how far from the pier is 7-mile beach?

Also, is there any good snorkeling spots there?

If you want to snorkel you might want to try Eden Rock which is right near the pier. You can walk to it. If you just want a beach day you can try Royal Palms on 7 mile. It just a 10 min. taxi ride from the pier.

Seven Mile Beach itself is not too far. Depending on where you go on the beach it is probably about 10 mins or so. There are not really any amazing snorkeling areas to be found off this particular beach. As mentioned Eden Rock is supposed to be a great place, near the pier, but there is no real beach to speak of there.

I am going on a tour through Nativeway in a few weeks. & they give you the option of being dropped off back at the pier OR at 7mile beach. I am not sure which part, but I am just making sure it will be easy for us to get back to the pier from there.

I am going on a tour through Nativeway in a few weeks. & they give you the option of being dropped off back at the pier OR at 7mile beach. I am not sure which part, but I am just making sure it will be easy for us to get back to the pier from there.

Have the driver drop you off at Sea Grape or Royal Palms Beach. Both places will have plenty of mini buses going back to the pier. The cost will be around $5.00 p/p.

There is a small fee to use the lounge chairs or you can just sit on a beach towel for free.

How far is Sea Grape? You said they have watersports, do you know if that includes SeaDoo rentals?

Sea Grape, as I am sure Royal Palms does as well, has food, drinks, outdoor showers, water sports rentals, etc. It really is a great day.

I know Reef Grill has waverunners - $65 per 1/2 hour for a single or $95 per 1/2 hour for a double. I am sure that Sea Grape does too but I don't know their rates. Reef Grill is about a ten minute cab ride from the pier and Sea Grape is probably less then 5 minutes further.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

Last summer we caught a cab at the pier to Seven Mile Beach for @$10 pp. We were dropped off in front of the Marriott, I believe. We walked a couple hundred yards down the beach and pretty much had it to ourselves. We bought our own snorkel gear and found the snorkeling to be awesome. We plan to do the same thing again this year.

It was probably about 10 mins or so. Return trip by cab was $4 pp in 2005, I have heard it is now $5 pp. We rented jet skis there. There were two different spots, one was at the Courtyard Beach and the other at Sea Grape. Courtyard said the waves were too rough to rent so we just headed down the beach. They rented to us and when we were there it was $70/hr, but I imagine it may have gone up since then. We rented two of them so we got a small deal, I think it was $60/hr each. Not as willing to bargain with you as on the other islands, but it was a slow day for them. They had food, drink, chairs, restrooms, outdoor shower. It was a great day.

Take a mini-bus from the pier to Sea Grape beach for $7 ea. The snorkeling area is about 300 yards up the beach towards the Marriott Beach. Both facilities have everything you need, food, drink, snorkel, restroom.

As you walk the beach look for rocks in the water, this is where you snorkel.

Have fun, just allow 30 min to get back to the ship, traffic gets very heavy in the afternoon.

Archived