Question about San Diego Pier?

Hi!

The cruise ship terminal in San Diego is downtown, at the foot of Broadway. Harbor Island is right next to the airport and is also very near the cruise ship terminal- about five minutes by cab. Are you asking as a reference point for making hotel reservations?

http://hometown.aol.com/scrappinjack/index.html

Yes about res. Priceline lists Downtown & harbor Island / San Diego Coastal / Old Town Sports Arena / Mission Valley as booking areas. I'm asking which is the closest to the cruise ship port? Thanks again.

If you can make reservations for the Holiday Inn at the Embarcadero, you would be almost directly across the street from the cruise ship. It is considered part of downtown and is relatively close to the airport--a few minute cab ride--as well as the Gaslamp Quarter with the good restaurants and night life. Harbor Island would be a good choice as it is very near the airport and only a few minutes from the cruise ship terminal. Nice hotels and great views. If you want something more reasonably priced, then Old Town might be a better choice. Any way you choose, most of the areas you mentioned are relatively close to the cruise terminal, with Mission Valley being farthest away and the most inconvenient.

Countdown to Euphoria on AOS!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;8;1;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Yes, they are one and the same. There is another one called Holiday Inn San Diego Bayside that is out past the airport, so make sure you don't get that one. The address you want is 1355 North Harbor Drive.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;8;1;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

A good site to go to for info about San Diego is the following--http://www.entersandiego.com/ You can find maps showing the location and proximity of all the areas you asked about. Has a lot of good and updated info about the hotels, restaurants, etc. Good luck!

Here are some more great websites in case you have some time in San Diego icon_smile.gif

Tours We loved the Old Town Trolley and were able to see all the major attractions.

San Diego Port

San Diego Web Cam

Have fun planning icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;26;17;1;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 6/26/04

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

PhoenixCruiser - Thanks for the link to the web cam! I am going to send this to my parents, so our daughter can see our ship when we are in port - coming & going.

So - is the best view for the cruise ships, the actual terminal one, or perhaps either the Marina South or North view? I guess I can check the marina schedule and try to catch it when a ship is in port this weekend.

She is going to get a big kick out of this!

Thanks!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Legend of the Seas 06/13/04

<font color=purple>Viking Serenade 6/1992

</font>

Roll Call Legend of the Seas 06/13/04 Click Here!

Ok - if anyone wants to check it out... Celebrity Infinity is disembarking Sunday morning. My 10 year old is already loving this.

Thanks again for this great idea.... I knew there were webcams, but I didn't even think of having her watch while we were in port. Doh!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Legend of the Seas 06/13/04

<font color=purple>Viking Serenade 6/1992

</font>

Roll Call Legend of the Seas 06/13/04 Click Here!

Archived