Crown and Anchor credits

I am having a difficult time getting RCCL to properly credit my C&A account with 2 missing past cruises. I know I am at fault by not having my C&A number on the reservation when I booked the cruises. HOwever, each time I call and speak to a rep, they tell me they see the missing cruises and will "merge the files" so they show up on my account. This has been happening for 2 years now, and the cruises are STILL not on my completed cruise list. These two cruises make the difference between Gold and Platinum benefits for our upcoming cruise in June 2010.

Any advice on how to get those credits where they belong?

2 years? Wow. I don't really have any great suggestions-- if it were me, I would probably start by asking if I could stay on the line while they merged the files (but I don't know how long it takes, so that might not work). If that doesn't work, I would ask to speak with a supervisor to explain the situation. As a last resort, you could try hinting (or outright saying) that you might not be inclined to hold onto that 2010 reservation if they can't give you credit for the cruises you've been on.

Strange that they've been so lax about this. I had a situation where they had one of my cruise credits under my name + middle initial, which doesn't line up with my C&A account. I asked them to fix it and they responded within 2-3 days. I did this through the website, so if you haven't tried that, maybe that's an idea. Good luck.

I also had a problem with some credits. I started with their website using "missing cruise credits". I got an e-mail back with instructions. Basically, you will probably have to make copies of your old Sea Pass cards and mail them to C & A. They could not track by reservation number. It did work out though.

Charlie

Good luck! It took me about 3-4 years before they finally fixed it. Each time they would say they could see it, that is just wasn't showing up on the website. This spring, when we finished our 6th cruise (now platinum), I sent them one more letter via snail mail and they finally got it right. It is even correct on the website. It'll be interesting, when we take our next cruise, to see if the inefficiency starts over again. Good luck!

I was having problems with their count when 2 cruises were taken before they implemented the C&A recording. They fixed the level (the important issue) and took very long time before they posted the two early cruises with just my name and a 11/05/1970 date with no ship name. That's not the date of the cruises.

As an old database administrator I just do not understand the issue; Just create a record with any other links required.

I keep in my cruise of interest file a copy of the e-mail communications and screen prints for my records.

Cruise credits seem to pop up and disappear at different times - sometimes all of mine are wiped off - when I call, I am told they have the wrong date of birth- when they correct it, the credits come back. Several months later, the same thing happens - I tease the C&A people that they keep making me reborn. Word of advice - when they finally get it right, print off the cruise history from the web site, so you can prove your status when they mess it up in the future.

I had the same problem. I had credit for two "unknown" cruises while my husband who was on the same cruises did not have the credit. They told me that there was an error when transferring the credits into his account. They said that if I could remember which ship and the approximate time of sailing (i.e. date and month), they would credit his account. Apparently, they changed the computer system a few years ago and if you sailed before that change the records were not as well documented. I'm working on jogging my memory but these were trips taken almost 20 years ago. Good luck.

Archived