Rhino Rider & Snorkel Adventure

burtie

I haven't personally done this tour, but my brother and sister-in-law did. They had a lot of fun. I would contact Joyce Prince and see if she can book this for you. On a recent day with her, she told us that she is able to book this for clients at a lower cost than the cruise line.

• 2 weeks later...

We went last year and had a ball. Big hint here, pay attention when the talk about swamping the boat (LOL)! And bring a camera for pictures of getting back in the rhino, there is no graceful way to do it.

I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with back problems. They are a bit rough on the water.

• 4 weeks later...

We booked this excursion thru Carnival when were in St. Maarten and had a great time. The boats really move but as someone said if you have bad back, you may want to avoid it. It was $79 pp and my wife and I shared one boat. Rob was our guide and did a great job. Once you get out on the ocean you can open them up and really get moving. They do catch some air though going over waves so be prepared for some rough landings.

Great excursion and won't hesitate to do it again if it is offered.

• 1 month later...

This is a fun excursion, but way overpriced at $89/person with Royal Caribbean. And it was very painful on your butt (especially if your the passenger). And I got blisters on my knuckles from the vinyl strap I was holding on too. They brought us to a snorkeling spot that had no fish.

Other than the pain, it was fun.

We've booked the Rhino Rider excursion through Carnival. Our cruise leaves March 27. We have three people in our family....we'd like for "the mom and daughter" to ride together....and the "dad" have one by himself. Why do they do when three people have booked????

We've booked the Rhino Rider excursion through Carnival. Our cruise leaves March 27. We have three people in our family....we'd like for "the mom and daughter" to ride together....and the "dad" have one by himself. Why do they do when three people have booked????

I think that's the way they would do it unless you specifically requested three singles. I've never seen three people on a Rhino.

There's a link to a video I posted above.

They probably don't, but the ship should give you a discount for the second person on one Rhino.

While I don't believe that they accept cruise ship bookings, if you're staying on-island and book direct you can get one boat (single) for $70 or one boat (double) for $80. (I have an ad for Rhinos that we brought back last October.) Of course, you've got to get to their facility and back on your own.

Gary

I know they won't put three of us on one.....but what I'm afraid of is that they'll put someone else on with my husband.......

I tried to book the excursion outside of the ship....but they have a contract with the cruiselines.....and they won't book anyone on a cruiseline. I'm not worried about the money....we've already paid for three.....I just don't want to "have" to be paired with someone. I want my husband to be able to ride alone...because his back can be sensitive and we've heard so much about "back problems." If he's controlling his own rhino rider....his back will be okay.

I know they won't put three of us on one.....but what I'm afraid of is that they'll put someone else on with my husband.......

I tried to book the excursion outside of the ship....but they have a contract with the cruiselines.....and they won't book anyone on a cruiseline. I'm not worried about the money....we've already paid for three.....I just don't want to "have" to be paired with someone. I want my husband to be able to ride alone...because his back can be sensitive and we've heard so much about "back problems." If he's controlling his own rhino rider....his back will be okay.

Quote from the Rhino Safari flyer: "What is included? Besides your own Rhino Rider and a guide we will provide you with snorkel gear, life vests and a complimentary drink."

I cannot imagine that they would put someone else on with your husband, but if you are that concerned with the possibility, I'd suggest that you spend a couple of dollars and just call and ask directly. Dial 011-599-557-4466.

• 11 months later...

We just booked the Rhino Safari on St. Maarten through Shoretrips for March 22nd and have a few questions. Not much info was given with our voucher so I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer.

We'll be on the Caribbean Princess that docks at 7:00. Our excursion is scheduled for 8:30. I understand it takes 30 minutes to get to the Rhino Safari dock on airport rd. Do you think we'll get off the ship in time?

Where do the boats go and where do they stop to snorkel? How good is the snorkeling?

I'd appreciate hearing from someone who's done this before or if anyone has any thoughts on this.

• 3 years later...

It's been mentioned that people with back problems should avoid this. What about pregnancy? Is it too rough? I'll be about 5 months along on our cruise, and I would really love to do this tour - looks like a lot of fun! Has anyone done it while pregnant?

Archived