Which location Best Convertible Rental?

sarz272000

Kauai' to me was the most beautiful island to rent a car and just cruise the coastline...many points of interests to stop at...we also wanted a Mustang but they were all taken and we ended up with a pretty white Sebring convertable...that was ok, cuz no matter what you drive, the scenery is the same...lol....

Kauai' to me was the most beautiful island to rent a car and just cruise the coastline...many points of interests to stop at...we also wanted a Mustang but they were all taken and we ended up with a pretty white Sebring convertable...that was ok, cuz no matter what you drive, the scenery is the same...lol....

Did you reserve a Mustang in advance or just try to get one walk up? I have reserved a Mustang in Kona and Kauai.

For those that rented a Sebring convertible, did you find the back seat too small for 2 adults? We would like a convertible but are worried it's too cramped in back for 2 adults to ride back there comfortably. There are 4 adults in our party.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a snorkel excursion in Kona so I can not give my opinion for this port.

Depending on what you want to do: Maui was great to have a convertible and Kauai was awesome. In Kauai we were in the car alot and having the top down we were able to enjoy our day more (I love the sun)

In Hilo we did the VNP and had a Trailblazer(SUV). It was perfect since we were in the car the least for this day bc we were hiking the crater etc... plus to get in and out for the stops (Lava Tubes, Jagger Museum, Visitor Center) we would have had to take the time to put the top up if we had a convertible since our travel tote was in the back seat with our cameras, hats, water, snacks etc... so I would say you could pass on a convertible for this one. Avis only had convertible Mustangs, nothing else was offered- I am not sure about the other companies.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived