Disney fan thinking of going on Royal

I think you can't beat Disney for their short 3 and 4 day cruise, except in the winter mos. when Navigator of the Seas homeports in Fl. We go and have a great time on short Rccl cruises but the smaller ships don't compare in quality to Disney. But when you figure in the price difference, I know Disney is out for us this year. I am Diamond with RCCl and love to cruise with them but Disney offers a great product for a short getaway. We have not been on Monarch, but have been on Sensation and Granduer more than once and I choose them because of price. If the Disney ship had been even close in price I would have sailed on her. Mostly it is just my husband and I so the Disney characters don't mean a thing. But eating at Palo and the adult area of the pool deck is just great on Disney.

I think you will enjoy RC very much. Our first cruise was on DCL and while we enjoyed it a lot just didnt think it was worth how much more it costs. For the cost of a DCL cruise we could take a 7 day on another line or a short cruise and pay for all the incidentals with the same $

Ok, here's what we've decided:

I discovered if I switched my itenerary, I could take advantage of the 4 day Western Caribbean cruise from Ft. Lauderdale on the 22nd. (It goes to Key West and Cozumel and is on The Enchantment....looks like a really nice ship!) I've always wanted to do this route, but finally decided to go for it. (Not gonna let the swine flu worries scare me off...my mom thinks I shouldn't go on it.) We will then be going to WDW on the 26th-20th for the F&W festival. :D

Super excited now!

Anna

Ok, here's what we've decided:

I discovered if I switched my itenerary, I could take advantage of the 4 day Western Caribbean cruise from Ft. Lauderdale on the 22nd. (It goes to Key West and Cozumel and is on The Enchantment....looks like a really nice ship!) I've always wanted to do this route, but finally decided to go for it. (Not gonna let the swine flu worries scare me off...my mom thinks I shouldn't go on it.) We will then be going to WDW on the 26th-20th for the F&W festival. :D

Super excited now!

Anna

Anna.........The teacher that I share a room with is boarding the Enchantment today! I'll let you know what she says about it when she returns.

The Enchantment was great. I went last fall. We did Key West, Cozumel, and Belize. I could do without Belize. You will have a great time. Key West is really fun. The ship is nice. Try to book Chops for one night. It was very enjoyable.

Thanks!

I'm looking forward to doing the Taste of Key West. (I'm a food and travel writer), the Dolphin/Tulum thing, don't know what it's called in Cozumel, and Chops! Kenny and I looove steaks! :D

Anna

Just to throw this in....not all Disney cabins have split bathrooms. We had a cat. 12 and we did not...just one very tiny bathroom...much smaller than what we are used to. They did have a tub, but our daughter is old enough to shower, so we never used it as a tub. The shower curtain did enjoy wrapping itself around me when I was in there.....I was just praying it had been cleaned since the last person had been in there.

Hi Ginger! I'm a Dis-er too. so I know exactly what you mean. We may use Baltimore as our port someday. We are in southern NJ, near Phila.

Have a great cruise and check out the meet and mingle forum for your pre-cruise planning obsession. You'll find some helpful info there for a first time RCI cruiser.

Small world, as we live in Franklinville!

why not try a voyager or freedom class?,the monarch is old and quite small compared to disney:rolleyes:

Agree with your assessment of the Monarch. The OP will be comparing RCCL to Disney (it's human nature) and the Monarch is not a good representation of what RCCL has to offer. DH and I have been on RCCL's Radiance class, Voyager class and Freedom class ships. The Monarch was a big let down although we knew going in that the ship was older and much smaller.

We have never done a Disney cruise but we do know what Disney can bring to the table so to speak. We have been to Disney World countless times since the parks first opened. Not fair to compare Disney to RCCL with the Monarch.

coffeebean

Agree with your assessment of the Monarch. The OP will be comparing RCCL to Disney (it's human nature) and the Monarch is not a good representation of what RCCL has to offer. DH and I have been on RCCL's Radiance class, Voyager class and Freedom class ships. The Monarch was a big let down although we knew going in that the ship was older and much smaller.

We have never done a Disney cruise but we do know what Disney can bring to the table so to speak. We have been to Disney World countless times since the parks first opened. Not fair to compare Disney to RCCL with the Monarch.

coffeebean

Well, we are going on The Enchantment instead actually and I'm pretty pleased with the choice. I am aware it isn't Disney and I'm looking forward to trying different things. I work at home full-time as a travel writer so I feel it is part of my job to experience new things.

And we don't always do Disney things, we are going to Eureka Springs/Branson next week on another travel assignment and Myrtle Beach next year.

Anna

Archived