Grandeur May 30 Norfolk to Bermuda

Just returned from the 5 day cruise from Norfolk, VA, to Bermuda on Grandeur of the Seas. The following is short review of the cruise.

1) Embarking and disembarking in Norfolk - smooth, fast and easy. The folks running the cruise terminal do a great job and are very passenger friendly. I heard several passengers comment favorably about this.

2) The ship - very clean and well maintained, as usual.

3) The captain - Captain Rob was a hoot. Never sailed with him before. His messages to the passengers were always fun to listen to sprinkled with his dry sense of humor.

4) The crew - everyone was friendly and helpful and very pleasant.

5) Dining room and food - our servers, Robert and Bruno did a great job and were on the ball. Food was much better this year than last. No meals were returned by our table of 6 for improper cooking or poor quality/taste. I've started to notice a trend in the food. On ships we've been on with British chefs, the food is lacking.

6) Entertainment - very good. We especially enjoyed the Fluorescense and gauchos show. The two comedians were good and the "Romance" production show was good as well.

7) Cruise staff - John and Katrina et al did a great job and, I think, he was much better this year than last year.

8) Overall impression - 5 plus stars that were well deserved

1) Embarking and disembarking in Norfolk - smooth, fast and easy. The folks running the cruise terminal do a great job and are very passenger friendly. I heard several passengers comment favorably about this.

Thank you so much, this totally made my day and I'll be passing this on. I know the terminal staff will be happy to hear this.

Archived