Price for third and fourth guest

Regguy

So, I've been searching some 4 and 5 day cruises for 4 people. I notice that when I search on Carnival's web site, when I add the third and fourth person, it tells me that it's a certain amount for the 3d and 4th guest -- say $299. However, at the same time, it also raises the prices for the 1st and 2d guest too -- about $70 to $100 per cabin per person for the first and second person.

Is this uncommon? Am I searching incorrectly, or is the "price" for the 3d and 4th person really just marketing and they sneak in a little extra by adding to the first and second person cost when you book more than 2?

It could be the early saver rate or whichever is the one you are seeing is not available with more than 2 pax in one cabin?

Are you sure its the same rate code and for the same category? Maybe they are bumping you up to a higher category that has quads? Hard to say without seeing it myself.

Maybe they are bumping you up to a higher category that has quads? Hard to say without seeing it myself.

Aha! That's exactly what it is!

I wasn't clicking through to see the exaclty categories. But that's exactly what is going on. When I search for two, the lowest rate is shows me for ocean view is $429, but it turns out that is a 6A. When I enter 4 of us, it bumps me up to a more expensive 6 room, because apparently there are no available quads in 6A. Same with suites, where it is really pronounced. It shows the category 11 price when I enter 2 people but the category 12 price when I enter 4 people, because apparently you can't have 4 in an 11.

Thanks. Thought I was going nuts.

Archived